DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Looking for a small TV about 26" or so to be used in my Master Bathroom to view while I am sitting in the hottub. I read that Samsung 2012 TV are compatible with DirecTV w/o the need of a box. Anyone has any recommendation of one, either Samsung or other brand I can connect to my DirecTV service w/o needing to pull a line and a box?

Thanks

·
Legend
121 Posts
If you didn't need HD, you could always try to ebay one of those Humax sets that had the receiver built in. No point in going crazy for a hot tub tv.

One on ebay is currently going for $50.

These units are long discontinued, so the used market is all you've got.

OR

Just get an H25 and mount it to the back of the TV of your choice via a vesa mount, you'll never know its there.

·
DaBears
6,085 Posts
Justin85 said:
If you didn't need HD, you could always try to ebay one of those Humax sets that had the receiver built in. No point in going crazy for a hot tub tv.

One on ebay is currently going for $50.

These units are long discontinued, so the used market is all you've got.

OR

Just get an H25 and mount it to the back of the TV of your choice via a vesa mount, you'll never know its there.
Some of those older sets cannot be activated anymore. So make sure you get a RID and call the access card department like you would on any other used piece of equipment. If it doesn't have a RID don't both as you cannot activate it.

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
dpeters11 said:
Right, even with an RVU Samsung, you need a coax cable.
RVU protocol now supports 802.11n wireless standards.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,588 Posts
I believe the Samsung UN32EH5300 is is the smallest Samsung Smart TV they are putting out this year. It should eventually get RVU functionality, but I don't think the firmware has it yet.

That said, you still need a coax cable or ethernet cable run to the TV for RVU to work as far as I know. You also have to have an HR34 Home Media Center, in order to serve up RVU content, and just so you know you will only be able to watch content recorded on the HR34 on the Samsung RVU TV, your HR2x recordings sent using Whole Home DVR will not be available.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.