DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost every morning when I go to turn on the TV and wake the DVR up, the remote does not affect the DVR. It turns on my TV just fine, but will not operate the DVR at all. I have to go and press "select" on the DVR itself to wake it up and sometimes I even have to get to the guide using the buttons on the DVR before the remote will start working again. Anyone else experience this problem?

· Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
Try leaving the TV OFF. Turn on the DVR first, wait a couple seconds and then hit Guide. THEN, turn on the TV and see if you have the Guide up, but the remote still is intermittent. I'd *GUESS* you have an LCD TV that pumps out a bunch of IR interferrence for 30-60 seconds when you power it on.

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I did hit select to wake up the DVR, then pressed the Guide button, then turned on my TV. The guide was up, however, it continued to work after that. I don't have any issues with no response if I do it in that order. BTW - I do have a Toshiba LCD TV.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.