DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· AllStar
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a happy 622 user for almost 2 yrs. Here's the hookup.
622 DVI connection to HD TV in Livingroom
622 TV2 connection to SD TV in Bedroom.

About 2 -3 weeks ago I started noticing this bending or tearing at the top of the picture on the Bedroom TV. Figured it was the TV going bad (Its about 18 yrs old). I drag another SD TV in and hookup to the cable and it does the same thing. I get another length of coax to make sure the cable is not bad and I hook it to the analog (Ant) connection on the Livingroom TV to make sure it is a good coax and it looks good. No bending at the top. I figure Aha, its the cable. I connect that same cable to the TV in the Bedroom, it's bending. Is there such a thing as irreconcilable differences between TV and sat-receiver? The SD TV has been working just fine on this connection until a few weeks ago. Could it be the tuner in the TV (actually 2 SD TVs) is aging and now doesn't balance well with the TV2 output on the 622? I'm kinda lost here.

Thanks.
Mike

· Registered
3,469 Posts
mike1002 said:
I've been a happy 622 user for almost 2 yrs. Here's the hookup.
622 DVI connection to HD TV in Livingroom
622 TV2 connection to SD TV in Bedroom.

About 2 -3 weeks ago I started noticing this bending or tearing at the top of the picture on the Bedroom TV. Figured it was the TV going bad (Its about 18 yrs old). I drag another SD TV in and hookup to the cable and it does the same thing. I get another length of coax to make sure the cable is not bad and I hook it to the analog (Ant) connection on the Livingroom TV to make sure it is a good coax and it looks good. No bending at the top. I figure Aha, its the cable. I connect that same cable to the TV in the Bedroom, it's bending. Is there such a thing as irreconcilable differences between TV and sat-receiver? The SD TV has been working just fine on this connection until a few weeks ago. Could it be the tuner in the TV (actually 2 SD TVs) is aging and now doesn't balance well with the TV2 output on the 622? I'm kinda lost here.

Thanks.
Mike
You didn't indicate which mode (single or dual) you were running. Might help in narrowing it down.

· AllStar
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kucharsk said:
The 722 that I had to return last week because of constant reboot problems did the same thing.

I wonder if it's something to do with power supply issues or some component in the 622 aging over time.
I called Dish support and after going through all the troubleshooting the CSR decided to ship me a new device. It showed up yesterday and when I opened it it was the wrong receiver. I called today to report the error and get a new one on its way when the new support person decided to do some additional troubleshooting. HE was the one that got me to replace the coax becasue the SD RF signal looke dfine on my HD TV in the livingroom. We decided we just hadn't troubleshot it enough. After I hung up I used the new length of coax to run it to the original TV and it STILL had the bends. I guess I 'll call back in and try troubleshooting with a 3rd CSR and see where this one goes, unless someone has and idea what the heck I've overlooked this time.

Thanks.
Mike

· AllStar
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just an update to this issue.

The CSR I talked to went through all the troubleshooting and finally agreed to send out a new 622. A few days later the box showed up and it was a 508. I called to let them know and have them send the correct 622. This 2nd CSR decided, from reading the log on my issue,that the appropriate troubleshooting hadn't been done. We now proceed to go through it all again. He had me try a different length of coax to my HDTV in the livingroom. Wadda ya know? No bending at the top of the picture. I'm convinced the problem was the coax. After hanging up I run a new length of coax to my SDTV in the bedroom. It is STILL flagging! I ran the same length of cable to another SDTV and got the same flagging. I then used the same long length of coax to the HDTV, no flagging. I'm at a complete loss as to how that is happening. I ran the SDTV for 2 yrs on the TV2 output of the 622 and had no problems. Anyone have any plausible explanations for how this can happen?

... Magic? :confused:

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.