DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
AllStar
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well sources from another site are saying that tomorrow Dish network will release the Local on the 8's app to 25% of the interactive recievers.

Reports are that 100% of the 721's will get this tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
53,882 Posts
Is it the end of September already? :D

Anyways ... from what is on E*'s website it looks like a cool feature.

·
Legend
109 Posts
I hope the 301 and 510 will get it today.

·
Mentor
33 Posts
kennya said:
Huh? Can someone explain this for us that do not know what this means?
Not absolutely sure, but I think It's the ability to do the "Local on the 8's " that is on the Weather Channel same as the Cable Company..feel free to correct if I am wrong..

·
Hall Of Fame
7,802 Posts
The Weather Channel has what is called Local on the 8s. On cable systems this provides the local conditions and forecast. Apparently something similar is coming to DiSH Network. Maybe today on some of the receivers which have interactive capability.

·
Super Moderator
53,882 Posts
Hmmm ... I've posted that link enough that I thought I had it in my previous post in this thread.

Anyways, since the receiver has to do the work it won't be identical to the cable company's display. What you see on 214 TWC will be what you see on 214 TWC after this upgrade. But there will be an interactive version of the channel available via channel 100 (Dish Home) that will add the "local content" shown in the screen shots.

If you simply tune to 214 TWC you will get the normal channel until the "Local on the 8's" segment starts and you will get a popup for the interactive version.

·
Legend
109 Posts
It looks like only the 721s are going to be receiving it today.

·
AllStar
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no. it is going to a total of 25%of ALL interactive recievers, but it is going to every 721. Also, Don't expect it until around 5pm ET. another site mentioned this, after getting off of a conversation with dish network officals.

·
Cool Member
11 Posts
I have an 811 receiver, will this work on mine?

I am really glad that they are doing this. I am right in the middle of tornado alley and the only thing I hated about jumping to sat was the locals on the 8.

·
Legend
109 Posts
angiecopus said:
i know our 301s here won't be a part of the 25% but will be looking forward to getting twc local on the 8s when it does finally get to our recivers
They may suprise us and have it on the 301s today I hope so because there is no mention when the remainig 75% will get the update.

·
AllStar
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
folks, it is being released probeley as we speak, because I just checked the dish home interactive, and TWC weather IS, i repeat IS listed on my 322 reciever, however, it is telling me that it is still not avaible to use YET. I will be checking later to see, but it looks like it REALLY is being released today to the 25%.

·
Legend
143 Posts
jhamps10 said:
folks, it is being released probeley as we speak, because I just checked the dish home interactive, and TWC weather IS, i repeat IS listed on my 322 reciever, however, it is telling me that it is still not avaible to use YET. I will be checking later to see, but it looks like it REALLY is being released today to the 25%.
I have the same on my 622.

·
Super Moderator
53,882 Posts
Got it here .... Very nice.
It takes up a lot of screen space, but not too anoying.
It knew my zip code --- I wonder if it got that from "point dish".

It is NOT automatic while tuning to 214.
Now watching 214 directly and waiting for an 'eights'.
Edit: Apparently those triggers are not on yet.

·
Godfather
369 Posts
Sorry, didn't notice this thread before starting a new, I have the service on 100 only on 622.

Leon

update: as of 5:12 CST I now have it on my 510.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.