DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cool Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my service hooked up yesterday, Dish HD Plat +locals and he installed two dish 500's. I called today and asked why (the tech was a complete joker, everything was a problem etc) and they said it was better that way because I would get clearer signals with two dishes. The way the tech who installed it explained it to me the regular dish had to point SW and that was on the house no problem. The HD dish had to point South and he had to put that on the fense due to a tree. Do I need two dishes? What way would a dish 1000 need to point?

·
Godfather
335 Posts
A Dish1000 picks up 3 satellites (110, 119 and 129). You're on the east coast. You probably can't get 129. He probably has a dish pointing to 61.5 for HD and a dish500 picking up 110 and 119 for everything else.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,180 Posts
Thalador said:
I just got my service hooked up yesterday, Dish HD Plat +locals and he installed two dish 500's. I called today and asked why (the tech was a complete joker, everything was a problem etc) and they said it was better that way because I would get clearer signals with two dishes. The way the tech who installed it explained it to me the regular dish had to point SW and that was on the house no problem. The HD dish had to point South and he had to put that on the fense due to a tree. Do I need two dishes? What way would a dish 1000 need to point?
The HD locals for Boston and the northeast us are on 61.5, you may have a shot at 129 using a single dish, but you would probably experience a lot of dropouts.

·
Icon
701 Posts
garys said:
The HD locals for Boston and the northeast us are on 61.5, you may have a shot at 129 using a single dish, but you would probably experience a lot of dropouts.
Garys,

Getting 129 in Mass. is unlikely. 61.5 in general provides better PQ on VOOM HD channels than 129.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.