DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Godfather
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Do you folks leave the box on 24/7? I've always done this with my D*Tivos and Samsung 160 with no problems
2. Does the HR20 degrade over time. Had mine since Saturday and so far so good. It is open and well ventilated. Could this change?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
1) If the unit is plugged in... it is on 24/7... If you are referring to hitting the "power" button... It is a mixed bag of those that do and don't... and bottom line doesn't really make a difference.

2) "Degrade" over time... sure, the components will fail give enough time. In the same sense that a Car degrade over time.

As from performance wise... a lot will depend on the software updates and when they come down.

·
Godfather
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Earl. Re software updates. Noticed none yet this week. Any idea when next might happen?

PS Noticed you here and on Tivocommunity.com. I get to Tinley quite a bit. Why no pic here?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
jba115 said:
Thanks, Earl. Re software updates. Noticed none yet this week. Any idea when next might happen?

PS Noticed you here and on Tivocommunity.com. I get to Tinley quite a bit. Why no pic here?
There is a software release in testing phase... so it is on deck... just needs to be approved for release.

As for TCF... they "had" a rule that the avatar had to be picture of yourself.
When I came over here... no such rule, so I just rotate between different pictures.

Welcome to DBStalk

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
I'm pretty sure he meant degrade like a typical Windows installation will (or used to, Win9x was a LOT worse in this regad), to the extent that it gets slower, kludgier and generally barfs up more often the longer you use it, requiring at best a reboot and at worst a reinstall of the OS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.