DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Legend
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title says it all. The other night, after watching a recorded show, I hit the delete option when it ended. I wound up with a blue DTV screen with a small box in the top right playing what one of the tuners was on. The unit was completely unresponsive. Red button reset...

This morning, I turned it on, changed the channel to the news (which it did), then tried to switch to cartoons for the kids... nothing, completely unresponsive. Red button reset again...

Now, other than the kids whining while it was resetting this morning, the latest was just an annoyance. But Monday night it happened while it was recording CSI:Miami, and I lost 5 or 10 minutes of the show while it rebooted. That's more than annoyance to me. :mad:

I'm running 0x108. FWIW, the unit never locked up prior to this update, and now has done so 4 times.

Man, I hope they get this thing fixed soon...

--Mike

·
Legend
132 Posts
greenie95125 said:
I'm running 0x108. FWIW, the unit never locked up prior to this update, and now has done so 4 times.
I've had my share of troubles with HR20, so I sympathize. My understanding is that 0x108 just came out last night. Are you sure you've had 4 lockups with it?

·
Legend
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bad Rex said:
I've had my share of troubles with HR20, so I sympathize. My understanding is that 0x108 just came out last night. Are you sure you've had 4 lockups with it?
My bad... 0x104. I just looked at the top of the page to see what was current w/out realizing another was just released. :blush:

Now I have to go look to see what I have. It may very well be three lock-ups with 104, and one with 108. :confused:

--Mike

·
Legend
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
greenie95125 said:
My bad... 0x104. I just looked at the top of the page to see what was current w/out realizing another was just released. :blush:

Now I have to go look to see what I have. It may very well be three lock-ups with 104, and one with 108. :confused:

--Mike
Just checked... I didn't get 108 yet :mad: so it's four lockups with 104. That's actually good in a way, since getting a lockup so fast with 108 would have been a bad sign. :)

--Mike

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
It IS awesome. I love it. I am not being sarcastic.

If it locked up twice a day, I'd love it, as long as everything else worked OK, which it does on mine.

·
Legend
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
paulman182 said:
It IS awesome. I love it. I am not being sarcastic.

If it locked up twice a day, I'd love it, as long as everything else worked OK, which it does on mine.
Would it be OK if your car stalled twice a day on the freeway, as long as everything else was working? :sure:

--Mike

·
Banned
87 Posts
greenie95125 said:
Would it be OK if your car stalled twice a day on the freeway, as long as everything else was working? :sure:

--Mike
I'm not being sarcastic, gulp, just drinking the aid...like a glass? My car would like a glass too...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.