DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My R-15 (with the 10d3 software) has been very steady until last night. Then two odd things happened.

First, we had a torrential rainstorm come through. I thought no big deal, I have stuff to watch in MyVOD so I started watching Heroes from Monday night. The R15 constantly put up messages about trying to find a signal in the bottom right hand of the screen. Is there some way to disable this message once it has been seen?

Second, I scheduled HBO's inside the NFL to record. I was watching something else for a bit and then about 5 minutes into that program I switched over to HBO. Inside the NFL was on and I went into the list to make sure that I could go back and watch those 1st 5 minutes. Nothing. The History showed that "Inside" had been canceled (It says that everything I have ever recorded has been canceled, go figure). the more information showed that the show was over and unavailable. Huh? I was watching it. I tried hitting the record button and all I got was a "boop" sound. I suspect something about the guide data on this show was whacked out to cause the unit not to record. But why couldn't I record the show as I was watching it?

I know that there is a new firmware (10eb) out but so far my box can't or won't upgrade to it.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,353 Posts
jwd45244 said:
The R15 constantly put up messages about trying to find a signal in the bottom right hand of the screen. Is there some way to disable this message once it has been seen?
Not as of 10D3, but it was on the list of reported greivances...

jwd45244 said:
But why couldn't I record the show as I was watching it?
There have been reported issues of the 2nd tuner getting 'stuck' for lack of better word. They have been different but similar problems where it looks like the 2nd tuner is available, but for some reason the R15 thinks it is not...

jwd45244 said:
I know that there is a new firmware (10eb) out but so far my box can't or won't upgrade to it.
Mine either, but we are right down the road from each other. Apparently they roll out the upgrades by geographic regions.

·
Godfather
432 Posts
BattleScott said:
Not as of 10D3, but it was on the list of reported greivances...

There have been reported issues of the 2nd tuner getting 'stuck' for lack of better word. They have been different but similar problems where it looks like the 2nd tuner is available, but for some reason the R15 thinks it is not...

Mine either, but we are right down the road from each other. Apparently they roll out the upgrades by geographic regions.
Yea, but will THIS SO CALLED NEW upgrad just cause another problem to pop up. I've had no problems until recently and am just now starting to have little annoying things happen; i.e. freezing, lost recording:nono2: :nono2: :nono:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.