DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Legend
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Slimline dish plus an SS2000 OTA antenna, feeding two H20s and an HR21-Pro with an AM21 receiver.

As I went through satellite setup, I used my true suburban Milwaukee Zip Code -- 53217 -- which all receivers recognized, and did the right thing. However, in each case, for the OTA portion, I had to "cheat". With 53217, the OTA mapping just "hung" and resolved nothing. When I used the base (downtown) Milwaukee Zip of 53201, each receiver just went to work and mapped the local OTA channels, with some issues (see below). Questions follow:

Q1 -- is it DirecTV that has blown it with 53217 for the OTA stuff -- maybe that Zip Code is not in their database?

Q2 -- each receiver mapped slightly differently -- one or another picked up a minor, or fringe channel that I never even heard of, even though all three got all the real major locals. Any logical explanation?

Thanks,

Stan

·
Legend
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tkrandall said:
By "mapped differently" do you mean the different tuners received a different list of OTA channels (they don't scan for channels, they get a list downloaded from DirecTV) , or do you mean the different tuners ability to actually tune the same set of channels differs?

EDIT: I might be wrong above about OTA scanning for the H20s. I think that model actually may be able to scan for OTA channels. Can anyone confirm?
I agree with your edited comment. On one H20 (two different models), I get a "CH 8", and there's no such thing in our metro area. But, we're next to Lake Michigan, and -- who knows what's out there. Anyway, no big deal. All I do is unselect it in the edit, and it's out of the loop That should be the worst problem I ever have!

Stan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.