DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mentor
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 4 HD DVRs. One HR21-200, one HR20-700 and two HR22-100s.
For several months when I start to playback recorded programs they start a minute or two into the program so I have to back it up to see the beginning.

It is not a problem with the recording starting late it is just that playback starts part way into the program.

The next problem is with the screensaver randomly starting while watching live. I searched for an answer to this but only found reports from other people having the same thing with no solution.

Another problem is sometimes I get a message saying that a recording is about to start which I could understand if two recordings were scheduled to start on two channels I am not watching but this happens when only one recording is scheduled. Has anyone else seen this?

·
Mentor
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
spartanstew said:
The shows are actually starting on time, but the DVR's automatically record a padding at the beginning of shows (if available), which is why you can rewind it. Many shows actually start a bit before they're supposed to (i.e. a 7:00 show might start at 6:59:30).
Yes, I realize the show is starting on time, my question is why do I need to rewind to get to the start? I never had this happen until the last few months and I have been using Directv dvrs for years ever since I traded out my Tivos.:confused:

I've had the screensaver start when it wasn't supposed to, but only a couple of times and it's been probably a year since it's happened.
It has been happening to me several times a day since I got the HD GUI<

As to the recording message, were you using DoublePlay at the time?
No, I never use DoublePlay!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.