DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Dry as a bone
12,566 Posts
The shows are actually starting on time, but the DVR's automatically record a padding at the beginning of shows (if available), which is why you can rewind it. Many shows actually start a bit before they're supposed to (i.e. a 7:00 show might start at 6:59:30).

I've had the screensaver start when it wasn't supposed to, but only a couple of times and it's been probably a year since it's happened.

As to the recording message, were you using DoublePlay at the time?

·
Dry as a bone
12,566 Posts
Yes, I realize the show is starting on time, my question is why do I need to rewind to get to the start? I never had this happen until the last few months and I have been using Directv dvrs for years ever since I traded out my Tivos.

You're not understanding what I said. The show is starting PLAY right when it's supposed to (i.e. 7:00). The fact that you have to rewind to get to the beginning, is because the show actually started EARLY (i.e. 6:59:30). The DVR's automatically account for this when they can. If they didn't, you would miss the beginning of many shows that start EARLY. pre-padding is a feature.

You never had to do it before, perhaps because those shows weren't starting EARLY before and now they are, for whatever reason.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.