DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off tomorrow I have a Dish Network Installer coming in to install our new HD DVR receiver. He said I need to sign some contact, but I will be at work. Will my 20 year old son be able to sign this contract? And what exactly do I need to sign? Is it even a contract or just some paper that said he installed it and it works properly?

Also In order for me to get local HD Channels do I need to get a new Dish? or an antenna..my zip code is 53813. Thank you all :)

·
AllStar
64 Posts
Yes your son can sign it, however you assume all responsibility.

There's at least two forms. One is the work order which lists work completed, receipt of equipment, and aknowledgement of a properly working system.

The second, and most important is the DHA 18 form.

You most likely signed up for free install. The ~$50 is charged up front, and if you agree to 18 months, the ~$50 will be credited to your 1st months bill. If the 18 month is declined, you won't get the ~$50 credit.

Agreeing to 18 months also enrolls you in the Dish Home Protection Plan (DHPP) which is normally $5.99/month and is free (or included) within the 18 months. This DHPP covers the entire system if anything were to happen to it... for example lightning--this is normally something covered under home-owners insurance, but is covered under dhpp. If you ever move, included is 1 complimentary Dish mover. Just leave your old dish where it is and a new one will be installed.

I've had customers in the past that left notes such as "did not have time to read the fine print".. However, by signing the form, you aknowledge that you've read it all and agree to the terms of the contract.

Good luck :)

·
EKB Editor
4,022 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.