DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The HR20 won't fast forward on either recordings or in the buffer. It just bounces between two frames.

This is on top of a wildly disappointing lack of features and usability. I sincerely hope they recall this machine and start over with Tivo.

·
Icon
731 Posts
This is only on local HD channels I bet... (MP4)... a known issue see the HUGE thread above about the latest software version issues.

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts
arlo said:
The HR20 won't fast forward on either recordings or in the buffer. It just bounces between two frames.

This is on top of a wildly disappointing lack of features and usability. I sincerely hope they recall this machine and start over with Tivo.
Actually, I hope they don't recall it and start over with TiVo. That would mean another year of waiting for an HD DVR for the MPEG4 locals.

·
AllStar
63 Posts
I found something great to say about the HR20! The remote control construction is remarkable.

"She, who must be obeyed" pointed out the fact that navigating through one her shows really screwed up her viewing pleasure. I pointed out that it is a known issue. Amazing, some people don't undertsand that having said something is a known issue is supposed to make it OK. The remote control barely missed my head and hit the tile floor in the adjacent room. The remote doesn't have a scratch and still works fine.

·
Registered
12,558 Posts
arlo said:

The work around is to use the "30-sec skip" button instead, at least until this is fixed in a future software update.

·
Icon
797 Posts
arlo said:

Same offer I make to every one here. I've got an HR10-250 in the closet. Upgraded to 63HD/400SD hours. Want it? Make me an offer. Will you put your money where your mouth is or will you stick with this not only for what it offers today, but it's ability to grow with your program provider?

Send me a PM if you want it.

Xaa

·
AllStar
65 Posts
litzdog911 said:
The work around is to use the "30-sec skip" button instead, at least until this is fixed in a future software update.
I can not get the 30-sec skip to work on our Universal Remotes. Evidently there must be a glitch when it is converted to a Crestron signal.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Xaa said:
Same offer I make to every one here. I've got an HR10-250 in the closet. Upgraded to 63HD/400SD hours. Want it? Make me an offer. Will you put your money where your mouth is or will you stick with this not only for what it offers today, but it's ability to grow with your program provider?

Send me a PM if you want it.

Xaa
Hey Internet tough guy, I have an HR10-250 in the closet, too. I made the upgrade on the promise about 150 HD channels in the next year or some big number like that. Doesn't change the fact that Directv ignored the last 5 years of Tivo evolution, leaving out basic features and haven't mastered the fast forward...something I can do on a $5 cassette player.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
arlo said:
Hey Internet tough guy, I have an HR10-250 in the closet, too. I made the upgrade on the promise about 150 HD channels in the next year or some big number like that. Doesn't change the fact that Directv ignored the last 5 years of Tivo evolution, leaving out basic features and haven't mastered the fast forward...something I can do on a $5 cassette player.
It should be fixed in the next update, hopefully sometime this week. We just gotta hang in there.

·
Icon
797 Posts
arlo said:
You're all set then. Just use your TiVo if you like it better and have your HR20 as a backup until it performs how you need. Not using your TiVo won't make your issues less valid, but if your whine is going to be "they should start over with TiVo", then why aren't you starting over with yours?

You're choosing this unit just as I am, warts and all. If you made that choice, deal in what's forward. In your life you are because the HR10 is in the closet.

In the end you must not think the feature set is so "widely disappointing" compared to what else exists, because you have the other product and don't provide power to it.

I thought you were another "Tivo is better, but I don't want to use it" type of complainer. I was right.

Xaa

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Xaa said:
You're all set then. Just use your TiVo if you like it better and have your HR20 as a backup until it performs how you need. Not using your TiVo won't make your issues less valid, but if your whine is going to be "they should start over with TiVo", then why aren't you starting over with yours?

You're choosing this unit just as I am, warts and all. If you made that choice, deal in what's forward. In your life you are because the HR10 is in the closet.

In the end you must not think the feature set is so "widely disappointing" compared to what else exists, because you have the other product and don't provide power to it.

I thought you were another "Tivo is better, but I don't want to use it" type of complainer. I was right.

Xaa
You're going to be busy if you're devoting your life to lecturing people who complain about this DVR. Good luck with that.

·
Icon
797 Posts
arlo said:
You're going to be busy if you're devoting your life to lecturing people who complain about this DVR. Good luck with that.
Not everyone, just those that claim another is superior even though they choose to use this one. The others that complain don't seem so odd.

Xaa

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.