DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
7,058 Posts
Unless you have been a customer for many many years(I've been since 97 for instance) most already got their new initial equipment at little to no upfront cost. Most don't deserve to get that same deal again, even though they feel they're entitled to it.

·
Hall Of Fame
7,058 Posts
If they changed it to a rental fee like cable/FIOS/etc. do, would it make everyone feel better? I know that many of the other service providers don't charge upfront for their inferior stbs. But because most providers are inferior, they know they cant get away with it. Most cable boxes are big steaming piles, but some people live with it(albeit they constantly complain about it) because many are too cheap to buck up and get the good stuff. Noone has to stay after their commitments are up, after 2 years or after 15 years, it makes no difference. I feel D* is the best service in tv today, but I do know it may not be the cheapest service in many cases. Unfortunately the way the world works, the best and the cheapest rarely are the same...only the individual can decide which type of tv service they prefer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.