DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,754 Posts
tigerwillow1 said:
I apologize if I'm asking something already answered. I searched without success.

1. If I want to run unsupported whdvr with just a single dvr and single hd receiver, can I run a hard ethernet connection between the two units without using a switch or router? Would it need to be a crossover cable?

2. If there is an AM21 on the DVR (and not on the other receiver), can the other receiver access live OTA?
Yes just a "simple" cat5 will do the job.
Once a recording is made from the AM21, it is watchable on the other receiver.
What you can't do though is setup a recording from the receiver on the DVR that is an OTA channel, since the two guides need to have the same channels. Sat channels aren't a problem, but it would take a AM21 on each to be able to select an OTA program to record, from the receiver, on the DVR.

·
Premium Member
42,754 Posts
tigerwillow1 said:
To those of you who aren't bothered by 7 to 10 second responses for things like the Guide and List keys, you have loads more patience than I do.
I wait 5 sec for a channel to tune, but not 10.
7 "might be" on the outside of my patience, and if I waited longer, I'd be calling to get it fixed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.