DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night on UFC Unstoppable the image before the fight is very frustrating to watch as it keeps going from Squeezed (so that the faces are long) to extremely squeezed and I never could get the image to stretch the entire screen. I changed from 720P to 480P and even 480i.

Then when the fight started the image filled the screen (btw: I have a projector) but the faces were a little bit long still (people were skinnier than in real life).

Someone commented that they've seen UFC in HD before, so I'm wondering if they are taking an HD Wide image and scaling it down for PPV in a 4x3 format. The image never gets back to a square pixel so the people appear a little skinnier on screen.

Did anyone else notice this? Or know why it looks like this?

·
Beware the Attack Basset
23,818 Posts
Rather than changing the display mode, you need to change the format. Using the * key on your remote, you can change the format. Depending on the capabilities and technologies involved in your projector, you may need to be careful about long term use of black bars or pillars.

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
harsh said:
Rather than changing the display mode, you need to change the format. Using the * key on your remote, you can change the format. Depending on the capabilities and technologies involved in your projector, you may need to be careful about long term use of black bars or pillars.
Thanks I'll try that (I forgot that button was there). But I don't have to worry about black bars. DLP.

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I replayed the UFC 64 and played with the format button...it was no help.

I even checked it on TV2 (using VIP622) and it's definitely squeezed. There are no black bars or anything; however, the octogon used to display the clock is squished so that the top and bottom lines aren't the same size as the side lines.

It is definitely a source issue.

·
Legend
190 Posts
This was the UFC's fault and not E*. I saw the exact same stuff you did. On the MMA forums many other users had the exact problems. People with Time Warner, Comcast, D*, Rogers, etc. reported the same thing happening with them. I was real concerned at first but luckily it did clear up by around the 30 minute mark.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.