DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone lost their UltimateTV service since the new satellite was launched?

It almost appears that DirectTV denies the problem until you bully them into admitting that there is a problem. They claim that your receiver is faulty and that their is no known problems with the new satellite and DirectTV. Luckily, the UltimateTV Reps are admitting that there is a problem and that they and Directv are working on it.

Last night I talked to two Directv Tech Support supervisors who insisted that the problem was with my receiver. This after one of their support people admitted that there was a problem with the satellite and UltimateTV. One of the supervisors told me that I was the only one with this problem, yet when I talked to UltimateTV, they claimed to be receiving 400 calls a day on this issue. This is insane!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This, obviously, happened to me, but it started working after about 20 hours of down time. I did call directv and the first level support was useless. but the second level support told me they were aware of the problem and they were working on it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,
I just posted a similar post above before reading this post.
I am having similar problems....
HGTV, DIY, Lifetime Movie Network, and TLC all say "searching for satellite signal". Every other channel is fine and our "non-ultimateTV" receiver is fine. This started about a week ago.
So, is it a DirectTV Problem? They claim it is not, of course!
Anybody else having this problem - only with certain channels?
I happen to be a decorating show junkie, so I'm in a world of hurt right now!!! LOL!

Mary

·
1 Posts
I have a late model sony receiver and have had the "searching for satellite signal" for the last year on various channels. Tried changing receivers, but it didn't make a difference. Directv just keeps sending people out to check on things, but so far, no solution. If anyone knows how this can be fixed, please advise.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
Check the date of the first post - January 3rd. UTV and Directv have fixed the spot-beam problem and those affected were given three months of free UTV service. UTV and D* was quick to fix the problem. It all happened at the same time as the "must carry" rules came into effect.

As far as the last post, I don't know what to tell you. Is your signal travelling on RG-6 cable? I had one receiver originally with RG-59 cable and had some stations that came up with "Searching for Sattelite Signal." Once I replaced the cable, it worked perfectly.

Ultimatetv has been rock-solid for me since I installed my first receiver last April.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.