DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UltimateTV is set to release a major software upgrade tonight. It is reported to add some additional search functions, and speed up the guide. I'll report tomorrow what the upgrade actually entails.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's the big changes that I have noticed with the new service upgrade(I'm using Friends as my example show) :

1. faster guide movement - used to be irritatingly slow
2. categorizing of recorded shows - multiple episodes of a show are now listed as "Friends (2)" when that show is selected it will then list the recorded shows - makes the "My Shows" menu less cluttered
3. Series recording - will record all shows of Friends and you can tell it how many to keep. It can also be told not to record repeats.
4. A recording history which shows the percentage of the hard drive used.
5. The ability to not record a previously recorded show. if Friends broadcast the same episode twice, and the first hadn't been deleted, it wouldn't record it again.

That's what I have been able to determine so far. I'm sure there is more, but these are the majors to me.

·
2 Posts
The ability to not record repeats is sweet. I kept getting tired of recording repeats of The Osborunes! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.