DBSTalk Forum banner

Unbelievable Tech Support Call

3K views 34 replies 20 participants last post by  rahlquist 
axl said:
I believe it was his supervisor and if you can provide me with a link to this post I will look in to emailing that VP if I don't hear back from D* tomorrow on the issue.
VP of Custopmer Service
email... Ellen Filipiak at ellen.filipiak@directv.com

Your experience is entirely unacceptable. However considering how some companies treat their employees its not unheard of for them to act this way. NOT that thats an excuse.

In the future you may want to consider these tips to dealing with a CSR.
The 5 steps to a successful call with a CSR.

1 Identify (CSR): When they greet you ask for their employee id and first name
2 Identify(issue): be polite and as brief as possible in explaining why you called.
3 Make Progress: If your are not getting anywhere ask to please speak with a supervisor, they will likely want to note your account with why you want to speak to the supervisor so do tell them why.
4 Review:After all changes have been made request the CSR go over your billing, it shouldn't take them long to do this and should let you catch that extra $5 that wasn't there the month before. Also make sure everything they offer you is in the call notes, make them read them back at the end of the call, after going over your billing.
5 Be Aware: Remember the calls can and most likely will be recorded and that the CSR can get disciplined based on the call so try to keep on track and don't ask them anything personal you wouldn't discuss with your pastor, or grandmother.

jsmartin99 said:
It is so sad that a company with such a great product has horrible customer service.
Its the times, not just the companies, look at the story about the woman working at best buy who wouldn't let someone use the phone to call 911 when someone left their kid locked in the car in the heat.

People suck, but D* does need to weed a little more thoroughly at times it seems.

roywatson said:
The assumption you make is that good quality/timelyservice costs more than poor quality/slow service.
Agreed 100%. Look at this thread and the amount of employee hours its going to cost D*. Look at Bills recent thread http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=139569&page=3 heck he had a total of 4 Techs out to his house before one of them even touched the dish.

D*'s problem is that it wont support the good, it backs all the employees the same, unfortunately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.