DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to repair a damaged, .540 hardline cable. I have been unable to force .500 fittings on it, but my Ripley .500 coring tool was able to core it (it was a tight squeeze). Does anyone know where I can get .540 fittings? I would prefer .540 to "F" female adapters, but I will settle for .540 to entry pin or even .540 inline splices, though the latter would be the least convenient for me to use.

·
Legend
264 Posts
Is this cable the same hard line type that the cable company use's? If so, go on line and look for gilbert fittings. these are the same fittings that the local cable company use's you might also be able to buy from the local cable company.

After you do the repaire you will need to put a shrink boot on it to get water out.

Also, if you cored it with a .500 tool, then you have also expaned the sheild. These cables are VERY sentive to the core tools, there is a .54 core toll available.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.