DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Godfather
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A different sort of question. If one has an HR34 under account number one, and an HR24 under account number two. Both feed off the same satellite dish and hence same DECA connection. Can the recordings on both units be seen via Whole Home?

·
Dad
6,615 Posts
I've seen reports on dbstalk where folks in apartments share a common SWM/Dish and find they can see each others content, and delete them. So the answer appears to be yes.

Believe they use BSF's to provide the necessary isolation.

·
Super Moderator
42,754 Posts
Jerry_K said:
A different sort of question. If one has an HR34 under account number one, and an HR24 under account number two. Both feed off the same satellite dish and hence same DECA connection. Can the recordings on both units be seen via Whole Home?
NR4P said:
I've seen reports on dbstalk where folks in apartments share a common SWM/Dish and find they can see each others content, and delete them. So the answer appears to be yes.

Believe they use BSF's to provide the necessary isolation.
If from two different accounts, both would need to have the same programs in their packages, "would be my guess". Say you have HBO on the one that has the recording, if you don't on the other one, I doubt it will play.

·
Godfather
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excuse my ignorance, what is a BSF?

Since I don't want isolation but sharing then I would just hook them up to the same SWiM and be good to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.