DBSTalk Forum banner

Upset (or not) about losing PIG functionality

• Yep. Mad as a wet hen..BRING BACK MY PIG CONTROL!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe a little irked; I'll live.

Votes: 85 50.3%
  • (yawn) not all that concerned about pork issues

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • I wish they would make the PIG a user pref, anyway

Votes: 58 34.3%
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

· Broadcast Engineer
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you MAHANGTTIA? (mad as hell and not going to take it anymore) that DTV screwed the pooch regarding loss of PIG control? Vote here.

· Registered
5,952 Posts
The categories are humorous, but the point needs to be made. Eliminating the previously existing controls in PIG is not something I like. Hopefully enough people will make a big enough stink, long enough for the controls to be restored. (at least we can hold out some hope).

It's particularly annoying to have to leave a browsing VOD session (where I mark movies to download), to hit skip to move by the commercials, or to change channels. The loss of functionality is quite disappointing.

· DaBears
5,992 Posts
hasan said:
The categories are humorous, but the point needs to be made. Eliminating the previously existing controls in PIG is not something I like. Hopefully enough people will make a big enough stink, long enough for the controls to be restored. (at least we can hold out some hope).

It's particularly annoying to have to leave a browsing VOD session (where I mark movies to download), to hit skip to move by the commercials, or to change channels. The loss of functionality is quite disappointing.
Now you can listen to Pandora while you do that though :)

· Geek til I die
9,822 Posts
hasan said:
Nice suggestion...is Pandora only music or do they have "news" or some such? I don't listen to music much any more.
Pandora is music. You tell it a couple songs you like, or artists, and it picks other songs that contain the same components (genome) as the ones you like. Basically, it builds a personalized radio station for you, where almost every song you will like. If you dont, you click the "I dont like" button and it learns.

· Broadcast Engineer
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sigma1914 said:
So, it's:
Yes
Yes, a little
No
Option to use it

????
Well, yes. You've cracked the code. But apparently with little understanding of presentation or show business ;).

· Registered
9,461 Posts
I hate the removal of PIG functionality.

It is now an annoying PITA to leave the GUI in order to just change a channel.

· AllStar
97 Posts
I discovered the loss of the skip/ff/rw functions today. I'm irritated. I spend an hour in the guide each week checking the premium station movie offerings as I watch "talking head" shows. It's a real pain listening to commercials that I was skipping last week.

· Hall Of Fame
3,914 Posts
Since there wasn't an option for "Glad they changed it", I picked the "Make it user preferred". It will eliminate the mistakes I make.

For me, I'm usually trying to do something like use the left arrow key in my Playlist. On my X-Sight remote, with the layout of the buttons, I sometimes press the rewind button by mistake. Then quickly hit play to stop the video in the PIG from rewinding. Next thing I know I'm playing a program from the playlist, because I hit play. So I welcome the change, to eliminate my errors.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.