DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Mentor
41 Posts
MercurialIN said:
Was interested to find this thread as since the latest upgrade EF, my HR 20 which had been pretty reliable now becomes totally unresponsive whenever I try to bring it out of standby. It has locked up during recordings thus getting nothing recorded for an entire day. Unplugging it doesn't help. It generally takes three to four red button resets to get it to come back to life.

On pressing the red button, I get a blank screen for about five minutes, during which time the blue power on light comes on for a few seconds, goes off then comes on again. Then nothing for a couple of minutes then on pressing power on with the remote the unit finally comes back, but no welcome screen, no aquiring satellite info, just back to live TV.

This problem started Thu. right after it downloaded version EF. Before that the only time the unit had ever locked up was once after the last upgrade but a single red button reset resolved that. Also the temp on the unit which since I've had the unit (first week of Oct) has averaged between 120-124 now seems to stay around 124 and 125 and even up to 127 after it rebooted.

The unit has become totally unreliable and frustrating. First I was told by D* it might be a corrupted download but was not told what if anything I could do to fix that, can you force a download with the remote like with the R 15? Second time I called I was told to reformat. I have several movies including a few pay per view that I will lose if I do that. I was told if I lose the ppv that's my tough luck basically. Anyway, I'm considering the reformat (it didn't help my R 15 at all) is it worth it?
Mine is doing EXACTLY the same thing as yours.. They are shipping me a new one as I type.. No wonder why they have run out of HR20's, this will be my 3rd receiver in about 2 months...

·
Mentor
41 Posts
That's strange !! My HR20 does NOT lock up at all.. It never really has... I just wish I could set it up racord "Little Einsteins" for eaxample, 3 times a week, instead of 3 times a day...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.