DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
AllStar
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting the hang of navigating around the HR20's interface, but I keep running into some odd behavior.

I have set the Custom 1 guide to remove channels I don't use... PPV, sports packages, etc... I removed the standard definition locals from it as well, since having duplicate channels could be confusing.

That all works fine, but when I search for programs, those deleted channels come up with results. Seems counterproductive to me. Accepting that and moving on, however, I get the following results when I search for LOST for example.

I type in LOST, and I get numerous results for LOST - one for each channel it's on. As I said above, it seems odd to include channels I deleted here, but the strange part is when I pick the LOST listing for my local ABC-HD affiliate...

When I choose it, I go to another screen that shows a list of all the upcoming episodes of LOST, but on ALL channels - not just the channel I selected in the previous screen.

This all seems strange to me. I'm setting a custom guide to eliminate channels I don't want... then I'm selecting a program on a specific channel only to get results for all channels.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this just a strange set of logic?

·
Registered
12,558 Posts
Nope, you're doing nothing wrong. It's just that the HR20's search feature uses the full "Channels I Receive" list, not any custom lists that you've created. Not sure if it's a bug or by design. Perhaps once the "Channels I Receive" list works properly this search problem will be solved.

'

·
Banned
686 Posts
Schyler said:
I type in LOST, and I get numerous results for LOST - one for each channel it's on. As I said above, it seems odd to include channels I deleted here, but the strange part is when I pick the LOST listing for my local ABC-HD affiliate...

When I choose it, I go to another screen that shows a list of all the upcoming episodes of LOST, but on ALL channels - not just the channel I selected in the previous screen.
?
Yes. Infuriating. I think you're selecting the episode the first time, and the airing the second time. Good thing you can't tell the channels apart on the second list. It's one of the dumbest HR20 'features' ever; and thats saying a lot.

·
AllStar
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This has led me into a corner, so to speak. I originally setup my season pass *ahem* SERIES LINK for ER on the SD NBC local channel by accident... when I realized it, I entered a new series link for the HD NBC local.

Now, I have an entry in the prioritizer for both of them. Problem is, the SD one has no programs in it, and I can't seem to figure out how to delete it. How can you delete the series link without being able to go "into" it by viewing an upcoming recording?

·
Registered
12,558 Posts
Schyler said:
.... How can you delete the series link without being able to go "into" it by viewing an upcoming recording?
While viewing the Prioritizer display, highlight the Series Link you want to delete and press the "Dash" key twice.

·
AllStar
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That did it! Thanks!

How did you both know that? There is no onscreen documentation of it, and I couldn't find it in the manual...

In fact, for as thick as it is, the manual seems REALLY weak on details. The quickstart guide is equally broad.

·
Registered
12,558 Posts
Schyler said:
That did it! Thanks!

How did you both know that? There is no onscreen documentation of it, and I couldn't find it in the manual...

In fact, for as thick as it is, the manual seems REALLY weak on details. The quickstart guide is equally broad.
It's the same shortcut that used to quickly delete programs from the MyVOD List.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.