DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Cool Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my HR20 for about two weeks now (Thanks to everyone for the tips on dealing with retention) and I had two unwatchable recordings last night. I've had three unwatchables since I got the HR20, and I've noticed some commonalities with the problem recordings. I don't come here very often, so Iapologize in advance if this is information that everyone already knows.

All my unwatchable recordings have occurred while the recorder is in stanby mode. Furthermore, I had two recordings scheduled for today and when I turned the recorder on this evening the tuner was still set to to the channel I was watching last night. It doesn't appear as if the HR20 even tried to change channels to record the programs.

I only have one satellite feed hooked up to the HR20 right now. Could part of the problem be that the HR20 is trying to record on an unused tuner when it is standby mode? I've never had a problem recording with only one tuner when the unit is active.

I'm going to leave the recorder on from now on and see if I get any unwatchables. It could be just a coincidence, but I thoght I'd share what I'd notice in the off chance that it might help someone else.

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
amallon said:
I've had my HR20 for about two weeks now (Thanks to everyone for the tips on dealing with retention) and I had two unwatchable recordings last night. I've had three unwatchables since I got the HR20, and I've noticed some commonalities with the problem recordings. I don't come here very often, so Iapologize in advance if this is information that everyone already knows.

All my unwatchable recordings have occurred while the recorder is in stanby mode. Furthermore, I had two recordings scheduled for today and when I turned the recorder on this evening the tuner was still set to to the channel I was watching last night. It doesn't appear as if the HR20 even tried to change channels to record the programs.

I only have one satellite feed hooked up to the HR20 right now. Could part of the problem be that the HR20 is trying to record on an unused tuner when it is standby mode? I've never had a problem recording with only one tuner when the unit is active.

I'm going to leave the recorder on from now on and see if I get any unwatchables. It could be just a coincidence, but I thoght I'd share what I'd notice in the off chance that it might help someone else.
A few days ago, I "watched" one of my HR20s create an unwatchable recording. I was watching one channel when the recorder needed to grab the live tuner to record the 2nd thing. I noticed that it seemed unsuccessful at switching the channel, and indeed the recording was unwatchable and deleted at the next reboot.

I'd suggest rebooting your HR20. Seems that sometimes that clears up the problem with lots of unwatchables.

Good luck,
Tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.