·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
If you are not getting any of the 4..

I would check your signal strength.

·
AllStar
76 Posts
I am having a bunch of issues in the Denver area.

1) Jericho (CBS) - It would jump from the show to a commercial and back - like it stopped recording the show, continued with a commercial, then jumped back to the show. This happened a few times. In addition the last 5 minutes or so there was a bunch of pixelation and no audio. The show ended with about 10 minutes left on the recorder - so it didn't record parts of the show.

2) Bones (FOX) - After about 5 minutes (during the first commericals) the recording stopped playing and asked me if I wanted to delete the show. I could not FF or skip past that part. It recorded a full hour but unwatchable.

3) Lost (ABC) - Same problem with Jericho in regard to the video jumoing from the show to commercials and back again. So far no audio problems (about half way through the recording now). Also keeps jumping from HD to SD (most likely a carrier problem for this specific one).

I find it hard to believe that all 3 of these networks are experiencing problems and believe it is either DTV or the HR20 causing these problems (aside from the HD to SD during Lost).

I am in a different area than you, but my locals, like yours, are behaving really bad tonight.

And before anyone asks, the sky is clear and I am getting 90's on both tuners / all transponders.

·
Godfather
690 Posts
farjo08 said:
I am having a bunch of issues in the Denver area.

1) Jericho (CBS) - It would jump from the show to a commercial and back - like it stopped recording the show, continued with a commercial, then jumped back to the show. This happened a few times. In addition the last 5 minutes or so there was a bunch of pixelation and no audio. The show ended with about 10 minutes left on the recorder - so it didn't record parts of the show.

2) Bones (FOX) - After about 5 minutes (during the first commericals) the recording stopped playing and asked me if I wanted to delete the show. I could not FF or skip past that part. It recorded a full hour but unwatchable.

3) Lost (ABC) - Same problem with Jericho in regard to the video jumoing from the show to commercials and back again. So far no audio problems (about half way through the recording now). Also keeps jumping from HD to SD (most likely a carrier problem for this specific one).

I find it hard to believe that all 3 of these networks are experiencing problems and believe it is either DTV or the HR20 causing these problems (aside from the HD to SD during Lost).

I am in a different area than you, but my locals, like yours, are behaving really bad tonight.

And before anyone asks, the sky is clear and I am getting 90's on both tuners / all transponders.
This has, indeed been a very strange evening in Denver. No problem with "Jericho," but right in the middle of "Lost" (which was in HD) some other program appeared momentarily (don't know what it was -- just saw what looked like the Washington Square arch in NYC with some music) and then "Lost" came back, in SD. I changed channels and when I came back to ABC, "The Nine" was showing in SD!!!!! Then the screen went totally black and the HR20 went to some other universe. I couldn't even turn it off manually. Did a red button reset and it came back, but neither NBC or ABC are broadcasting in HD ("The Nine" is supposed to be in HD but is in SD; "Dateline" on both NBC channels also is in SD.) "CSI: NY" on CBS is successfully broadcasting in HD.

The locals have been terrible for the last several days. Is there something that we can do to correct this situation??:mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.