DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
DBSTalk Club Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read the full interview here: http://www.engadget.com/2006/03/02/the-clicker-a-sitdown-with-microsofts-joe-belfiore-part-i/ .

I've quoted what I think is the relevant portion:

SS: DirecTV… Will this also be in the Vista timeframe?

JB: We haven't announced the specific timeframe around when the DirecTV products will be available. The team is working super hard right now with DirecTV. We're absolutely well in progress of getting this done. However, we don't yet have everything figured out to the degree that we're ready to tell a date, but once we get there we know that people are super excited about it - we'll let you know.

SS: OK so we won't talk dates. We'll talk product; will it be a similar product to OpenCable?

JB: The basic idea is very similar, which is that you can get essentially a receiver device that is a DirecTV receiver and connect it through some digital connection to your PC. [Doing so] lets you get all the great value from the DirecTV service, including High-Definition. If you subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket, you'll be able to get that. All that good stuff.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
367 Posts
I wont believe this will happen until it does. I have a Vista 64 bit Media Center connected to my Xbox 360s and would love to do direct capturing but I am not holding my breath. Especially with the Liberty deal. Who the heck knows what this new management is going to do to ongoing wish lists.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.