DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Mentor
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at my account online and it says I can upgrade my receiver in their Dish it up promo thing. It lists upgrade prices, 1 standard or DVR receiver for $49 or 2 TV's for $69. I want the DVR but what is the difference between 1 and 2 rooms, wouldn't I get the 625 either way, what the extra $20 get you?

That leads me to another question. Who makes the change in the receiver if its connected to 1 or 2 tv's? Is it something that I can do myself or do you have to call Dish and tell them you are hooking up a second TV? The reason I ask is because at first I want to hook it to just 1 TV until I get the cable ran to the second TV, then I want to connect it to that one also. I don't know weather spend the extra $20 and tell them 2 TV's or just tell them 1 TV now and then later add the second TV.

· Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
For $49, you would get a single tuner DVR (510). For $69, you would get a 625. There is no cost change in the 625 setup for one or two TVs. Of course connecting it to another TV is needed for two TVs. You can use Dual mode with one TV or Single mode with two TVs. Why not call and ask the CSR what you can get and what it includes?

· Mentor
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did call Dish and spoke to someone probably in some other country that sounded as if she was reading a script for each question I asked. She would give me no model numbers other than stating a 625 can control 2 TV's but would not confirm that is what I would get if I ordered it and said that I would only know what I was getting once I receive it. I kept telling her that if you click the single room it took you to the 625 receiver and if you click the 2 room it still takes you to the 625 recever, she just kept reading a script on how the 625 can control 2 TV's with this great DVR technology. I wanted her to ship the 2 room, figuring I would get a 625, but after being put on hold she said that she could only ship out the single room and not the 2 room, that would need to be "professionally" installed, even though on the website it says that you can have any of them shipped or installed for the same price. It seems they have taken something simple and made it confusing and then make you talk to someone in a third world country to get it. I told her nevermind and hung up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.