DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AllStar
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of getting an HDTV and I am wondering about a few things when it comes to D*.

1. Is it possible to get a better price on the HR20 then what is currently advertised?

2. Will they have to come out and swap my dish for HD or can I use my old round dish (not the oval)?

3. Will my 2-yr commitment restart?

Thanks.

·
Éminence grise
8,457 Posts
1. It depends. Some people have gotten them for free. Many (most?) at least get a discount on programming.

2. You will need at least a 3-LNB dish for HD but a 5-LNB dish (either AT-9 or Slimline) will give you access to more HD programming, locals now in many areas; national channels next year.

3. Yes.

·
Icon
2,196 Posts
bobnielsen said:
1. It depends. Some people have gotten them for free. Many (most?) at least get a discount on programming.

2. You will need at least a 3-LNB dish for HD but a 5-LNB dish (either AT-9 or Slimline) will give you access to more HD programming, locals now in many areas; national channels next year.

3. Yes.
For Free? How?!! I just got my new plasma, and was planning on waiting a bit to get the HD DVR from D* since money is tight for the holidays....but, if I can get one for free...

·
Banned
614 Posts
paulman182 said:
And D* should provide the new dish and install it free.
Yes you will get the updated new dish with your programming.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.