DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cool Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an HR20 that is 5 years old now. Been running very slow no matter what command is given. Have reset, unplugged etc still nothing. Called CS and went through all the BS steps.

Ended up wanting me to reset everything to where all my recordings are erased. I said I'd call back.

Now, I've had the protection plan for 5 or 6 years now. I feel this rep was doing everything she could to keep from sending a new one out. What should I do to get a new one?

I'd like to get one of the newest models out there to take advantage of the newer technology but refuse to pay $99 for a new model upgrade.

After being a customer for over 10 years, paying the protection plan and having the same model for 5 years, shouldn't I at least be eligible for a free upgrade?

What's the best way to go about this?

·
Cool Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Davenlr" said:
Keep calling until you get a better offer, or say CANCEL at the first two automated prompts which will connect you to the retention department, and plead your case.

Since you have the protection plan, just tell them you want a service call. THat would be the best. Then you can face to face explain to the tech, who probably would be in a better position to get you a new receiver. All DirecTv will do is mail you another HR20 more than likely.
Ok, maybe I'll just go the wanting a new model upgrade route. Even if the slow response issue was fixed or a new 20 was sent, I want a new model that is capable of displaying the new guide format I received an email about from dtv.

About a year ago I was solicited for an upgrade but declined at the time because I didn't see any benefits.

You think that's worth a shot?

·
Cool Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"jodyguercio" said:
I can tell you that the HR20 will display the new guide format just fine. I've got a HR20-100 sitting in my living room humming alond and have had the new guide for about a month now.
No kidding? The email says that the 20 will not. So I still have the old guide, what do I need to do?

·
Cool Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"Davenlr" said:
The H20 will not. The HR20 will.
"Drucifer" said:
It's the H20 that is not getting the HDGUI. The HR20 will.
Ok maybe I'm confused then. I do have an HR20 and thought this new guide was already out and since I don't have it I assumed I was left out due to old equipment.

Maybe the best thing to do is wait for the new model being released in February that the other poster mentioned. Give CS a call and request a free upgrade due to being s long time customer with a 5 year old tuner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.