DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Legend
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about upgrading my H20 to a HR21. I have a reward cert from BB that I can use to get this new HR21. My question is... I don't have time yet to pull another line from the dish to my H20 location. Can I continue using only one feed from the dish to connect to the HR21? I am planning to pull the additional line in about 2 weeks later but I want to be able to start record the Olympic games. I don't have any problem to pay $5 more a month to upgrade to the HD DVR package. Will the HR21 function with only one line feed from the dish?

·
Legend
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
davring said:
You sure can use it. During set up, set it for one line input only and you will be good to go. Enjoy.
Thanks... assuming I can go back to change it to 2 turners later... right?

·
Hall Of Fame
6,417 Posts
Michael D'Angelo;1726390 said:
It will detect you only have one tuner during startup and set it up for that.

When you add the 2nd line you need to reboot the unit and it will detect the 2nd tuner on start up.
I thought the latest software allowed you to set it for one or two tuners, no longer a need to reboot.

·
Legend
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone!!

·
Legend
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One more question... Do I connect to Satellite one or Satellite two since I only will have one line at this time?

·
Legend
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
AllStar
98 Posts
i'm in the same boat, looking to upgrade an H20 to an HR20 or 21. looks like best buy has the best deal for the 21, but my question is, how does DTV handle the commitment on the H20 that i turn in? do they just start a new 2 year agreement on the HR20/21, and go from there?

·
Lifetime Achiever
10,839 Posts
mishawaka said:
i'm in the same boat, looking to upgrade an H20 to an HR20 or 21. looks like best buy has the best deal for the 21, but my question is, how does DTV handle the commitment on the H20 that i turn in? do they just start a new 2 year agreement on the HR20/21, and go from there?
Yes your contract will just start over and you will have a new 2 year agreement.

Then they will send you a recovery kit with prepaid shipping to send the H20 back to them.

·
Lifetime Achiever
10,839 Posts
mishawaka said:
if i buy one at best buy, will the unit have an access card, or is that something that i need to call DTV and get?

also checking the ebay auctions, and some have the access card, and some don't...
Best Buy will have a access card.

I personally would not order one from eBay because if it is a leased unit you will not be able to activate it.

·
Legend
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The new HR21-100 pq looking beautiful except I have to make 10 different calls to D* to get everything right. Can things be more complicated?!

·
Legend
157 Posts
Lucky you.

I acquired a new HR21-100 from Best Buy ($169) this past Saturday with the intentions of moving an H20 and replacing an H10.

My HR21-100 is as useless as a brick. About 10 minutes after getting up and running, it started with the now infamous "remote/front panel" freeze-up. Pulled the power cord, waited 30 secs, and let the system re-boot from square 1. Same thing.

Pull the power cord again . . . . and THIS time the receiver gets "hung" on start-up at the screen that says "Step 1 of 2: Acquiring satellite settings . . . this may take a few minutes." In this case "minutes" turns into infinity. (yes, even pulled the cord AGAIN . . . and AGAIN).

I know it's GETTING a satellite feed (no cable issues) because the old H10 works (without local channels) on the same satellite lines.

I've put in a service call (I have the protection plan) . . . but they won't be here until Fri. 8/22!!!

Directv3049

1- RCA DRD420RE; 1- H20-600; 1- HR20-700;1- H10-200; 1 - HR21-100 (aka "The Brick").

·
Legend
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DirecTV3049 said:
Lucky you.

I acquired a new HR21-100 from Best Buy ($169) this past Saturday with the intentions of moving an H20 and replacing an H10.

My HR21-100 is as useless as a brick. About 10 minutes after getting up and running, it started with the now infamous "remote/front panel" freeze-up. Pulled the power cord, waited 30 secs, and let the system re-boot from square 1. Same thing.

Pull the power cord again . . . . and THIS time the receiver gets "hung" on start-up at the screen that says "Step 1 of 2: Acquiring satellite settings . . . this may take a few minutes." In this case "minutes" turns into infinity. (yes, even pulled the cord AGAIN . . . and AGAIN).

I know it's GETTING a satellite feed (no cable issues) because the old H10 works (without local channels) on the same satellite lines.

I've put in a service call (I have the protection plan) . . . but they won't be here until Fri. 8/22!!!

Directv3049

1- RCA DRD420RE; 1- H20-600; 1- HR20-700;1- H10-200; 1 - HR21-100 (aka "The Brick").
Good Luck!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.