DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Mentor
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have three DTV HDTV boxes (2 H20's 1 H21) that are still covered under service agreements. Is it possible to substitute a new DVR box in place of the H21?

Thanks in advance for your input and advice.

Paul

· Lifetime Achiever
10,820 Posts
You can upgrade to an HR2x but it will $199 unless you can get DIRECTV to give you a deal.

As for the H21 you can either keep using it too or if you deactivate it the unit will need to be sent back to DIRECTV since it is a leased unit. They will ship you a prepaid shipping box for FedEx to return it.

· AllStar
67 Posts
I have received one HR20 in March and two HR21's this month. The last HR21 was delivered via fedEx today. I paid $49, $0.00, and $99.00 respectively (+ tax and shipping). You just need to be patient, and ask nicely.

It will extend your contract -- but I don't much care since I'm not switching providers.

· Lifetime Achiever
10,820 Posts
paulnj said:
Ok so now the $64K question.....
Does it need a phone line or does it download guide from Sat?
You do not need a phone line connected.

Software updates and the guide is done via the SAT's.

The only thing you need a phone line connected for is caller ID and to order PPV from the remote unless you have it networked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.