DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The DirectTV feature matrix is not that clear. I am trying to understand what features and benefits I get by adding a CCK-W to this setup.

What I understand it will do is:
* Add Video On Demand Capabilities ( Past episodes, Movies (Free), etc.)
* Pay Per View Titles
* Remote Record scheduling from DirecTV App iOS
* View Recorded(DVR) shows out of the house (MobileDVR)?

Are there features that I am missing?

DirectTV Setup
1 DirectTV HR-24
2 DIRECTV High Definition MPEG-4 Receiver (H-25)
1 SWiM module setup on the HR-24
1 Internet router (not close to the HR-24)
Whole Home DVR setup

I have added the CCK-W in the room where the router is and plugged it into the cable drop in that room. I can verify that DirecTV setup is connected to the internet via the network setup menu.

After using this for about a week I am not sure there is much value in the CCK-W. Am I missing anything?

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
The DirectTV feature matrix is not that clear. I am trying to understand what features and benefits I get by adding a CCK-W to this setup.

What I understand it will do is:
* Add Video On Demand Capabilities ( Past episodes, Movies (Free), etc.)
* Pay Per View Titles

Are there features that I am missing?

DirectTV Setup
1 DirectTV HR-24
2 DIRECTV High Definition MPEG-4 Receiver (H-25)
1 SWiM module setup on the HR-24
1 Internet router (not close to the HR-24)
Whole Home DVR setup

I have added the CCK-W in the room where the router is and plugged it into the cable drop in that room. I can verify that DirecTV setup is connected to the internet via the network setup menu.

After using this for about a week I am not sure there is much value in the CCK-W. Am I missing anything?
* Pay Per View Titles
( You can do this with a remote already )

( You can do this without the receiver hooked up to the net )

( This only works with a Genie receiver )

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was not able to do Pay Ver View titles before. It said my DVR needed to contact Direct via phone or internet. So that's one reason I got the CCK. What about VideoOnDemand like previous episodes if I didn't record. Is the CCK necessary for this functionality?

Does the MobileDVR stream to a device or does it copy when I am at the house and then I take it with me on my device?

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
I was not able to do Pay Ver View titles before. It said my DVR needed to contact Direct via phone or internet. So that's one reason I got the CCK. What about VideoOnDemand like previous episodes if I didn't record. Is the CCK necessary for this functionality?

Does the MobileDVR stream to a device or does it copy when I am at the house and then I take it with me on my device?
Yep, I forgot about having to have a phone line plugged into the receiver to be able to order PPVs with the remote.

I am not sue, but I think you have to download them while you are at home.
Others will chime in with a definitive answer.

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
You can order PPVs with your remote control without being connected to the internet or phone line by using text or the DIRECTV app in front of your TV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jimmie57

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
Yo use MobileDVR you need an HR44 or HR54 genie connected to the internet. MobileDVR streams and downloads for offline viewing as well.

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
So. Is there any reason to keep the CCK-W?
With an HR44/54 no since wireless is built in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.