DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· AllStar
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm upgrading my dish and equipment because I still have a multi dish. It's a long story. :)

Currently have an HD-DVR (HR20), a standard def DVR (R15), and two old RCA craptacular receivers.

My locals are only available in MPEG4 (Bangor, ME), so I was hoping for a nice offer since I can't even receive locals with my current 3LNB Multi dish.

Here is the offer from them:

They will bring a replacement dish and replace my R15 with an R22 -- standard def DVR, but MPEG4 capable, and replace both old RCA receivers with HD receivers.

I would get the R22 and dish for free, $50 for each of the HD receivers.

I'd prefer to keep our current DVR even without MPEG4, replace one of the RCAs with an HD DVR, and replace the other RCA with a standard HD box. Part of that is that I really want another HD capable DVR, one for the main living room and one for the basement living room.

My math says that their offer would "cost" them $300 -- each of the 3 boxes they are bringing would be $100 each -- but they would charge only $100 total.

My offer would would "cost" them the same, $300 -- $200 for the HDDVR and $100 for the regular HD box. The caveat is that they would give me the standard HD box for free, but charge the full $199 for the HDDVR.

Six of one, half dozen of the other, no?

Is it reasonable at all to expect to get what I want for $100 total? Should I try or should I just go with one or the other at their current offers?

Any thoughts would be great!

Thank you!

· Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
elguapo79 said:
I'm upgrading my dish and equipment because I still have a multi dish. It's a long story. :)

Currently have an HD-DVR (HR20), a standard def DVR (R15), and two old RCA craptacular receivers.

My locals are only available in MPEG4 (Bangor, ME), so I was hoping for a nice offer since I can't even receive locals with my current 3LNB Multi dish.

Here is the offer from them:

They will bring a replacement dish and replace my R15 with an R22 -- standard def DVR, but MPEG4 capable, and replace both old RCA receivers with HD receivers.

I would get the R22 and dish for free, $50 for each of the HD receivers.

I'd prefer to keep our current DVR even without MPEG4, replace one of the RCAs with an HD DVR, and replace the other RCA with a standard HD box.

My math says that their offer would "cost" them $300 -- each of the 3 boxes they are bringing would be $100 each -- but they would charge only $100 total.

My offer would would "cost" them the same, $300 -- $200 for the HDDVR and $100 for the regular HD box. The caveat is that they would give me the standard HD box for free, but charge the full $199 for the HDDVR.

Six of one, half dozen of the other, no?

Is it reasonable at all to expect to get what I want for $100 total? Should I try or should I just go with one or the other at their current offers?

Any thoughts would be great!

Thank you!
take that offer
take that offer
take that offer
take that offer

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.