DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mentor
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I currently have an HR21, HR22 and H23. I'm eligible for an upgrade because I didn't realize I had the protection plan. :sure: I'm getting an HR34 and one or two C31's. I'll be getting rid of the H23 and HR21.

Should I keep my HR22 or replace it with a C31? I realize that if I keep a DVR I'll have 2 extra tuners. I'm interested in how good the performance is with MRV from the HR34 to the HR22 compared to the C31.

Anything else I should consider? How does the monthly cost compare?
(a) HR34 + two C31s
(b) HR34 + C31 + HR22

Let me know if there is anything I should consider. I'd hate to get rid of the DVR and have to buy a new one later.

·
Icon
1,671 Posts
utmba95 said:
Hi, I currently have an HR21, HR22 and H23. I'm eligible for an upgrade because I didn't realize I had the protection plan. :sure: I'm getting an HR34 and one or two C31's. I'll be getting rid of the H23 and HR21.

Should I keep my HR22 or replace it with a C31? I realize that if I keep a DVR I'll have 2 extra tuners. I'm interested in how good the performance is with MRV from the HR34 to the HR22 compared to the C31.

Anything else I should consider? How does the monthly cost compare?
(a) HR34 + two C31s
(b) HR34 + C31 + HR22

Let me know if there is anything I should consider. I'd hate to get rid of the DVR and have to buy a new one later.
I would not get rid of any DVR's I would just add the 34 and get rid of the H23.

·
Icon
1,671 Posts
Also cost is the same for 3 in your case. And what does the protection plan have to do with getting an upgrade? I know the new protection plan will allow for one upgrade per year but that hasnt started yet.

·
Mentor
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a thing in the mail that said call after October 4th to find out when you're eligible for an upgrade, and when I did they said I was eligible for a free Genie upgrade.

Thanks for the info.

·
Hall Of Fame
7,058 Posts
HR20's in good working order are still one of the best dvrs to use until you want to upgrade to an HR34. If they arent in good working order, then they can be replaced for at most $20 S&H if you call and tell them its broken.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.