DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finally starting to get tired of the lockups and crashes from my 811 and since there are now a few mpeg4 HD channels I would actually like to watch I am thinking it is time to bite the bullet and upgrade to the 211vip.

A few questions/concerns I still have though:

- I use a series 2 Tivo with my current 811 and have heard that the screen saver the 211 uses will disrupt the recordings if the 211 is left unattended too long. Has a reliable work around been established to prevent this?

- My 811 is currently pointed at 110, 119 and 129 with a Dish1000. Will it need to be adjusted to be able to pull in the additional mpg4 channels ?

- Currently my 811 isn't connected to the telephone and there isn't even a phone jack within 60 feet of the entertainment center. Does the 211 require a permanent phone connection?

- What is the current quality of the Mpeg4 offerings (video/audio) and how reliable is the signal?

Any information you can give will help me considerably in my decsion making.

Thank you.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,180 Posts
1) Yes, it will (factory default is set to four hours), under the menu is Inactivity Standby so you can shut it off or use Auto Tune as long as program is less time than you are trying to record.
2) No, what you have will work.
3) No, additional charges are dual tuner receivers, however Dish would like you to plug in phone line to all receivers.
4) Depends on your area, hopefully someone from Texas will answer this part of your post.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.