DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...I am new here.

I am upgrading my HR24-200 to an HR44-700 and would like to know if there is any easy way to transfer my settings. It would be extremely time consuming to have to go and set up the new system to record the shows all the shows that we are currently recording. Is there a way to easily transfer the the list of shows I record?

Thanks,

Linda

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome...we were hoping that this would be simple. When we upgraded last time I had the problem that some were not currently airing so I had to keep a list and check back every couple weeks. What a pain in the rear. Oh well, hopefully the Genie service will be worth it!

· Hall Of Fame
16,178 Posts
One thing you can do to make this easier in the future, plug an external hard drive into the HR44. Recordings wouldn't be playable on another box, but your series links would be.

It won't help you here, but something you can do in case you ever need a replacement.

And believe this, a large majority of us would love to be able to plug in a usb stick, have it backed up to the remote, stored on DirecTV servers. Maybe someday.

· Genius.
19,830 Posts
lindoe79 said:
Thanks for the welcome...we were hoping that this would be simple. When we upgraded last time I had the problem that some were not currently airing so I had to keep a list and check back every couple weeks. What a pain in the rear. Oh well, hopefully the Genie service will be worth it!
Use Cortana, OK Google or Siri to send you a reminder when the show airs the next time. I am pretty sure there;s gotta be "an app for that"

· Registered
9,461 Posts
lindoe79 said:
Hi all...I am new here.

I am upgrading my HR24-200 to an HR44-700 and would like to know if there is any easy way to transfer my settings. It would be extremely time consuming to have to go and set up the new system to record the shows all the shows that we are currently recording. Is there a way to easily transfer the the list of shows I record?

Thanks,

Linda
No. Only way is to keep the two boxes. Got another television?

Oh, and we suggested a DirecTV Cloud for DVR data backup, but that fell mostly on deaf ears.

· Hall Of Fame
16,178 Posts
Drucifer said:
No. Only way is to keep the two boxes. Got another television?

Oh, and we suggested a DirecTV Cloud for DVR data backup, but that fell mostly on deaf ears.
We have no idea if it did or not. They'd mentioned an HTML5 UI in the past. Maybe now that the AT&T deal is done, it will start showing up after some branding changes with the backup.

Or now that the AT&T deal is done, it's been killed by AT&T.

· Hall Of Fame
10,062 Posts
lindoe79 said:
You could go to this site, type in the name of the program and it will tell you all about it. If it has been dropped or renewed and when it is supposed to start the new season, etc.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/

You don't have to sign up. Just type in the name of the program in the Title box on the right for the information.

· Icon
1,291 Posts
The dbstalk calendar lists program startups submitted by readers. You can set reminders there to alert you so that you can set your series links when the listings become available.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.