DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
7,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has left EchoStar DiSH Network in the position of not really knowing if there are subscribers still receiving Distant Networks. They were rumored to be going to issue the death blow, but it apparently has not happend.

·
Hall Of Fame
7,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The cow auction previously on RFD-TV 9409 has been moved to 221 since RFD-TV has been found to not be elligible for classification in the 9409 group if they carry this commercisl auction or other commercial announcements.

·
Hall Of Fame
7,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
155 SIRIB ADDED TO Tp 19 on EchoStar 8 at 110w

218 MENS BECAME MOR

282 FOXMO ADDED TO Tp 11 on EchoStar 8 at 110w

283 BOOM, REMOVED FROM Tp 15 on EchoStar 8 at 110w

284 HLMRK, REMOVED FROM Tp 11 on EchoStar 8 at 110w

287 FOOD HD changed to RUSH HD.

709 AND 710 BECAME AVAILABLE

997 NORST ADDED TO Tp 18 on EchoStar 3 at 61.5w

997 NORST ADDED TO Tp 11 on EchoStar 1 at 148w

6059 SIRIB ADDED TO Tp 19 on EchoStar 8 at 110w (not available)

6210 PBS, PBS REMOVED FROM Tp 8 on EchoStar 7 at 119w

6465, 6467 AND 7735 became available.
9801 SPORT ADDED TO Tp 24 on EchoStar 8 at 110w (available)

·
Hall Of Fame
6,901 Posts
Some come .. some go...

BUT .. in any case, Rename the thread name maybe to the regular one now :D

P.S. Looks like 2nd Commerciial Sports channel just showed up again (at ch 9801 there) :)

·
Super Moderator
53,895 Posts
JohnH said:
155 SIRIB ADDED TO Tp 19 on EchoStar 8 at 110w
6059 SIRIB ADDED TO Tp 19 on EchoStar 8 at 110w (not available)
A bit late to start a SIRIUS Christmas Promo channel ... I suppose they should do something to help sales.

·
Super Moderator
53,895 Posts
JohnH said:
155 and 6059 now available.
Slate with Christmas music playing --
"DISH Network customers save and additional 20% on SIRIUS Radios."
"Call 1-866-635-5016 or go to www.sirius.com/dish"

Expires January 31, 2007 with 6 month activation required by February 15, 2007.

·
Premium Member
21,657 Posts
Am I remembering correctly, and two of those "now available" channels ( 6465, 6467) are Raleigh HD locals on 118.7?

If so... wonder what happened to the other HD Raleigh locals... and wonder when they will spread the word.

When I got my ViP622 install, I went with the local installer's recommendation and he got his marching orders from Dish that Raleigh locals would be on 129. Of course I told him I was hearing conflicting info from Dish (Sometimes they would say 129, other times 61.5) and of course knowing the uplink reports I knew they were testing at 118.7... and my local installer was familiar with 500+ and 1000+ dish installs.

So... the questions become... IF 118.7 is truly to be the home for Raleigh locals... I wonder when they will get the word out to all the Dish 1000s that have been installed in this market recently. I get my locals OTA, but would surely like to have them on satellite too for the extra tuner capability.

·
Premium Member
21,657 Posts
Following up my earlier post regarding Raleigh locals...

If you login to the Dish Web site, you now see WNCN 17 and WTVD 11 as HD locals in the list of available channels... so I decided to call and see why I didn't have them.

At first I think they were surprised I didn't have them already... then come to find out I "need new equipment installed" to get those channels that are "bonus" channels not normally included. I was quoted a $59.95 installation charge for the new dish.

I then politely mentioned that prior to scheduling my most recent upgrade (the $199 one that includes "everything you need"), I was told by Dish that Raleigh locals would be on 129 so the Dish 1000 was all I needed to have.

My local installer also said he was told the same thing by Dish... and they hadn't even mentioned 118.7 to him though he was familiar with that location and the newer + dishes as he had installed a few in some other areas.

But in Raleigh he had been told to install Dish 1000 and that would cover everything... so that's what we went with. I'm not mad or anything, because I am not out in the cold since I do get good OTA where I live... BUT my local installer had been putting in a lot of Dish 1000 equipment in Raleigh recently, along with mine, and now it would appear a lot of folks will need an upgrade.

The question, of course, is how many people will pay the $59.95 install on top of what they just paid to have new equipment put in within the last 1-2 months like my installation/upgrade?

I am going to call my local installer tomorrow to share the good news with him, and hopefully prevent some future headaches as he schedules new installs for this area... and in the meantime see what he can do for me in terms of a more realistic upgrade cost. It just doesn't seem reasonable to shell out for an install and then in a month have to do it again, when Dish has known for months now apparently by the uplink reports, that they would be putting Raleigh HD locals on 118.7 and have been nevertheless instructing installers not to put up + dishes in this area.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,901 Posts
From Satelliteguy's earlier report .. i noticed these entries also.. in case someone cares:

709 - SETI - AMC-16 118.7W TP 23 ConUS beam changed to Available
710 - ICBLE - AMC-16 118.7W TP 23 ConUS beam changed to Available

9800 - SPORT - EchoStar8 110W TP 24 ConUS beam changed to Available

·
Icon
643 Posts
Is their Intelligent Life out there anywhere ? Probably not...

... but it's interesting that there are water geysers on Mars just in the last few years (check out NASA news).

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.