Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
7,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
577 PFC ADDED TO Tp 10 on EchoStar 3 at 61.5w

577 PFC ADDED TO Tp 3 on EchoStar 1 at 148w

6250 KTVT ADDED TO Tp 20 Spotbeam 21 from New Braunfels for EchoStar 10 at 110w Appears to be available

7184 KEVU ADDED TO Tp 1s3 on EchoStar 7 at 119w

14001 KXRM1, KXRMDT REMOVED FROM Tp 8 on EchoStar 8 at 110w

14177 KCWE1, KCWEDT REMOVED FROM Tp 18 Spotbeam 24 from Monee for EchoStar 10 at 110w

14178 KCPT1, KCPTDT REMOVED FROM Tp 18 Spotbeam 24 from Monee for EchoStar 10 at 110w

14305 WJPR1, WJPRDT REMOVED FROM Tp 25 Spotbeam 5 from Mount Jackson for EchoStar 10 at 110w

14505 WPBA1, WPBADT REMOVED FROM Tp 20 Spotbeam 6 from Mount Jackson for EchoStar 10 at 110w

14751 KOCE1, KOCEDT REMOVED FROM Tp 1s5 on EchoStar 7 at 119w

19003 DHELP, .. .... .... .... .... .... .. REMOVED FROM Tp 15 on EchoStar 8 at 110w

All 4 Pittsburgh HD Locals available. Requires a "+" dish.

7534 WBSF Available

8539 KUTF Available.

8544 KCBU Available(KCBUDT is listed as source for this)

There appears to be some attempt to tie ESPN HD in with 140 and ESPN2 HD in with 144 and HBO HD on 300.

·
Super Moderator
53,902 Posts
JohnH said:
There appears to be some attempt to tie ESPN HD in with 140 and ESPN2 HD in with 144.
??? Sharing channel numbers? I'll have to check when I get home.

·
Banned
989 Posts
JohnH said:
6250 KTVT ADDED TO Tp 20 Spotbeam 21 from New Braunfels for EchoStar 10 at 110w Appears to be available
What in the world? Dallas CBS as a SV? I had Dallas CBS as a grandfathered distant (no local CBS until 2004) until November 3 (it's on the list of SV channels for my county). Not available to me though.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,901 Posts
Thanks for that report John.. - as always, it's appreciated! ;)

Just wondering (.. and not there to check it currently myself) - does the EPG Info provide any details about what kind of channel "577 PFC" is all about?

Some type of ethnic channel, i suppose.. - which language, country etc?

Thanks again...

·
Hall Of Fame
1,057 Posts
There appears to be some attempt to tie ESPN HD in with 140 and ESPN2 HD in with 144 and HBO HD on 300.
The logical thing is that if you have a HD Tuner that if you go to 140, 144 and 300, it would auto redirect to the HD version of the station, so maybe that is what they are attempting...

·
8 Posts
alebowgm said:
The logical thing is that if you have a HD Tuner that if you go to 140, 144 and 300, it would auto redirect to the HD version of the station, so maybe that is what they are attempting...
Yes, I believe that is what they're attempting. It also pisses me off if this is true. If I want to record SD content on ESPN/ESPN2 (because it's not broadcast in HD -- World Series of Poker for example), I'll be forced to use more hard drives space for SD content. To make matters worse, I can't even expand my storage capacity for more "HD" storage (whether it's HD or not) because we STILL cannot use external storage.

I would really like this re-mapping to be OPTIONAL.

·
Super Moderator
53,902 Posts
So far there is no sign of what this "tie together" is. Perhaps JohnH can be a little less vague (if possible) about what he was talking about?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,057 Posts
Yes, having the feature as optional (and most likely, set to on by default) would probably be the likely thing, although what would really be cool is that if they could somehow send a signal for when content is and is not being broadcast in 480p or better, it would just go to the SD version, so situations like yours wouldn't actually occur...

·
Super Moderator
53,902 Posts
It could be a banner thing ... a popup that says "available in HD" with a link to the appropriate HD channel. OFF if your "TV Enhancements" are off.

·
AllStar
101 Posts
tsc said:
Yes, I believe that is what they're attempting. It also pisses me off if this is true. If I want to record SD content on ESPN/ESPN2 (because it's not broadcast in HD -- World Series of Poker for example), I'll be forced to use more hard drives space for SD content. To make matters worse, I can't even expand my storage capacity for more "HD" storage (whether it's HD or not) because we STILL cannot use external storage.

I agree with you 100%.

This would be a major step backwards in functionality as far as I'm concened.

Most of the ESPN-HD programming is SD with sidebars, e.g. PTI.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,901 Posts
Cuz maybe, first of all.. its all "on the volunteer-basis" so to speak...

And if noone wants to volunteer themselves or their knowledge in that area .. then that EQUALS No updates.. not weekly .. not monthly.. etc :)

Secondly .. maybe it's NOT technically possible (at least NOT for "an average bear" .. so to speak) to montitor DTV's uplink activities in a simular manner like JohnH or few other people over at Satelliteguys forum, etc.. are doing ;)

---
You can try checking for some DTV's uplink activities however .. over at Lyngsat...
You can click on DirecTV's buttons, for example, at this page, here:
http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/america.html

Like do you see there, for example, DirecTV 101 satellite.. - it was something new reported there just a day ago or so :)

·
EKB Editor
4,022 Posts
JohnH said:
Looks like plain ole mapdown of the HD as though they were local channels.
I would prefer that it at least does not apply to TV2 as I don't want that user filling the drive with HD content just to have it down-converted on viewing.

·
Super Moderator
53,902 Posts
JohnH said:
Looks like plain ole mapdown of the HD as though they were local channels.
Interesting. I'm hoping that it is a "side by side" mapping instead of a replacement - ie Two 140's in the guide.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,057 Posts
Interesting. I'm hoping that it is a "side by side" mapping instead of a replacement - ie Two 140's in the guide
If that is the case, I wonder how the receiver would handle it. Like if by default it would choose HD for TV1 and SD for TV2, and also if that would work on all HD recievers (And since we are talking about ESPN and HBO, they are MPEG2 HD, so older HD recievers dating back to the 6000 series would be affected.

Maybe someone (Darkman, James, JohnH or anyone) can provide us with a refersher for the rules of what station the reciever picks when both 61 and 148 are in the same setup (ie, does it pick the signal from 61 or from 148)... I think in all honesty it was a random pick, but I can't remember...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.