DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have directv both upstairs and downstairs. i have receiver for both tv. i have a single coax from the dish that splits one for downstairs one for upstairs. my question is
why doesn't the upstairs get any channels. and the downstairs gets eveything.
my channels range from 2-400 at least that i know probably higher than that.
thanks for help
rviele

· Hall Of Fame
3,263 Posts
So, your upstairs TV gets no channels or just missing some? What are the model #'s of your receivers?

My stab in the dark guess is they are set to different "favorite channels".

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,604 Posts
What do you see on the upstairs TV?

What model receiver is attached to the upstairs TV?

Has anyone been tidying up around the TV recently?

9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Laxguy said:
Is this a new install? If not when did it stop working? Are you seeing the Guide? Have you checked the TV's input settings?
in reply to everything.
no it is not a new install.
i check every morning to see if it is set correctly.

both receivers are the same and since i'm not at the farm i do not know what the model no's are

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,604 Posts
What you've given us is that you have a not-new tractor and the sprayer isn't working.

We can't be of much help if you don't tell us what kind of tractor it is and how the sprayer is connected.

· Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
rviele said:
i have directv both upstairs and downstairs. i have receiver for both tv. i have a single coax from the dish that splits one for downstairs one for upstairs.
There are two dish technologies, one permits splitting the coax, the other does not. If you have SWM, then splitting is okay. If not, then your problem may well be the use of the splitter.

Two things to check. First, set both receivers to the same channel and see if the problem is still there. If they both work while set to the same channel, but do not work when set to different channels, you may not have SWM.

Second, while watching either TV, press the dash button (bottom left of remote). A box should open and it should say "SWiM Connected". If it does not say that, your problem may well be related to the use of the splitter.

If you do have SWM and still have the problem, then the wiring from the splitter to the bad location, or the receiver itself at the bad location, is your problem. Try swapping the two receivers and see if the problem stays at the location, or moves with the receiver. If it moves, then you have a bad receiver. If it stays in the original location, then your problem is coax or connector related.

9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
carl6 said:
There are two dish technologies, one permits splitting the coax, the other does not. If you have SWM, then splitting is okay. If not, then your problem may well be the use of the splitter.

Two things to check. First, set both receivers to the same channel and see if the problem is still there. If they both work while set to the same channel, but do not work when set to different channels, you may not have SWM.

Second, while watching either TV, press the dash button (bottom left of remote). A box should open and it should say "SWiM Connected". If it does not say that, your problem may well be related to the use of the splitter.

If you do have SWM and still have the problem, then the wiring from the splitter to the bad location, or the receiver itself at the bad location, is your problem. Try swapping the two receivers and see if the problem stays at the location, or moves with the receiver. If it moves, then you have a bad receiver. If it stays in the original location, then your problem is coax or connector related.
since i have no idea what swm is. the only channel i can get on the upstairs tv is 360 which i believe is fox.

· Registered
4,149 Posts
carl6 said:
As suggested Test the TV that is working as well as the one up staris- What are your results?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.