DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Hr20s ( 0x10b) and about 4:00PM today (Sunday), both units started to get "searching for signal 771 on both tuners. Sat 103 transponder 2 shows 100% on all tuners for both units, and reugular channels are fine as well as OTA 3.1. Has anyone else had this problem.? Tried RBR , checked the connectiosn that I could access, unpluged power, and re-acquired sats. Nothing has worked. All other Phoenix HD channels are fine, just Ch3 KTVK HD.

Also do any local Phoenix customers get any signal on 99. Mine have always showed zero or less than 20 on both receivers.

I called DTV and they didn't have any reports of problems. I have a service appointment for tomorrow afternoon. If its a widespread problem, I need to cancel.

Thanks
azarby

· Hall Of Fame
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
john18 said:
I have confirmed that I am not receiving KTVK channel 3 via satellite (and getting a 771 message) but I am receiving 3-1 via OTA. I am using software version 0x10B.
John,

If you haven't done so, please call DTV and report the problem. I think it's a satellite problem. Maybe an effect of the massive solar flare this week.

Thanks

azarby

· Hall Of Fame
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
azarby said:
Going to try an RBR.

azarby
John,

It didn't even need the RBR. Set one is now working here also. Have to wait for a comercial break before my wife will let me look at the other set. The last (3rd) CSR I talked to called the broadcast center while I was on the phone to have them look into the problem. Looks like they found the problem. I can cancel the repair call for tomorrow.

azarby

P.S. Second HR20 now receiving KTVKHD. Called and cancelled the reapir ticket. CSR said there were broadcast issuse today.

azarby

· DBSTalk Club Member
561 Posts
azarby said:
I have two Hr20s ( 0x10b) and ...<clip>

I called DTV and they didn't have any reports of problems. I have a service appointment for tomorrow afternoon. If its a widespread problem, I need to cancel.
Remember, if you are on 0x10B, you're not supposed to be calling the CSRs. At least not until posting here and seeing if there is a solution. And, Earl asked that you PM him first to see if it's a problem the CSRs could handle (non-OS related). This may have been one of those, but good to remember so we don't wear out our welcome on getting another release candidate download.

· Hall Of Fame
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
redfiver said:
Remember, if you are on 0x10B, you're not supposed to be calling the CSRs.
I agree with you on that statement. Been around electronic equipment long enough to know this wasn't a firmware issue. firmware issues don't happen to 2 boxes at exactly the same time, especially since the OTA was working on a previous release.

azarby

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.