DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in the DFW some are speculating that a channel (KDFI-DT 27-1) that we are having a problem with receiveing OTA might be because that channel leased 1 multicast channel to USDTV recently. I don't know a whole lot about that stuff but I do know that USDTV is in many markets and was wondering if Earl or anyone else had any input on this as to weather it could be causing problems in other markets (STL)?

·
AllStar
91 Posts
We have them here in Las Vegas also. I don't have OTA activated as of yet to try that out yet. As soon as I get it I can let you know. I also understand they are in the SLC area and one other city. Maybe others can comment on what they have seen.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
The problem with 27.1 is occurring with the HR20 and with the H20 receiver, and with several others. But some of the older HD OTA receivers seem to be OK.
The signal strength on the station is very good but when you select the channel to view you get a "searching for signal" message. I had originally thought it was a PSIP issue until I heard that 27 is leasing a subchannel to USDTV; I suspect the receivers don't know how to separate a subchannel that is free from one that needs a subscription, or something like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.