DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Appologies if this has been asked before.

I prefer the feel of the 622 remote in my hand, Carpal Tunnel surgery from years before result. The rounded design just feels better.

Moving on can I program the 622 IR remote Aux button to control the 721 without disturbing it also controlling the 622?

I just talked to tech support and they say no way, different frequencies, which sounds to me like he means UHF? I know the 501 remote can work if the remote address is the same. Same problem there.

Any chance to convert the UHF remote to IR and use it for the 721 & 501?

I prefer to run IR only. No UHF antenna = no way for other neighbors to order PPV on my Boxes.

Sorry for the many questions.

Thanks and Happy New Year

· Godfather
260 Posts
The AUX button of the TV2 remote will send out both UHF and IR, so it should work for the 721. Give it a try. Press and hold the AUX button until all the lights light up. Then press number 3 - then the remote address of the 721 - then the # sign. Then see if it works.

· Hall Of Fame
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many Thanks, that worked really good. Tech support, usually I have good luck with them, not this time. They said no way!

I just tried it and it works fine. That leads me to believe it would also work older receivers. I couldn't believe it when he said the 622 remote wouldn't work. I've been using the Platinum remotes interchangably for 501 and 721. It was that the 501 remote had some missing buttons such as pip and swap and it did hurt the hand after a little while.

So once again Many Thanks
Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.