DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just added an HR44 and two C31-700s to my system. Everything works fine, but I would like to use the new RC73 in rf mode. The remote has an "rf" symbol on the back and the bag it came in indicated that it supported rf. The installer stated that the Genies Mini that I got would not work that remote in rf mode. Instead, he programmed some old RC65RX remotes that I had around.

I tried to program the RC73 to control the Mini in rf mode, but it does not work. The remote appears to accept the rf configuration, but the Mini does not respond to it. The RC65RX continues to work, however.

Anyone know why the RC73 remote will not work in this configuration? Is there a chance the remote setup screen is giving me an incorrect receiver ID to use?

It's not that big a deal, but it bugs me...

-r

·
Save the Clock Tower!!
2,465 Posts
The newer RC7x remotes are compatible with HR44 and C41 when in RF mode. The C31 isn't compatible with the RF4CE technology that the newer remote uses for RF.

and

Welcome to DBSTalk!!!

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,649 Posts
The RC7x series cannot control the C31 in RF mode. No ifs, ands or buts. If you're really, really jonesing for a RC7x, you could try a remote extender.

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
rydad said:
Anyone know why the RC73 remote will not work in this configuration?
-r
Because the RC73 uses different protocols than the RC65RX. the RC73 uses Zigbee's RF4CE which is "newer" open wireless standard. The C31 clients uses the "old school" RF frequencies. In order to use the RC73 in RF mode yo would need a C41/51 client.

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, everyone!

I figured there was some change in protocol, but it was really bugging me that it seemed like it should work.

And thanks for the welcoming. I created the account a while ago, but I think this is the first time I have posted. This forum has been a great resource and the stuff I have learned here helped me convince the tech today to switch out my LNB and install a SWiM 16 instead of adding another dish.

See ya soon!

-r

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.