DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Godfather
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got fed up dealing with D* on my 99 issue, I was not paying for something they did not align right in the first place.

A friend came over with a laptop and we used a webcam on my panel and aligned the dish on the roof by watching the screen. It took about 10 minutes to get my signal from a 45 to a 89. We also got the other sats better aligned for mostly high 90's. I think it's crock that their installers do not understand the 99 tuning. Finally no more 771 errors.

· Registered
5,915 Posts
vurbano said:
Drectv wants it this way. They collect 50 bucks from everyone for a service call to fix it. Why would they want it done right the first time?
Because the potential loss of a customer, money spent on CSRs and phone lines, and hassle of getting installers out probably costs way more than $50 ;)

· Registered
1,063 Posts
I used two Mac laptops with iChat over bonjour video chat.

· Registered
4,296 Posts
vurbano said:
Drectv wants it this way. They collect 50 bucks from everyone for a service call to fix it. Why would they want it done right the first time?
I figure at $50 for a service call DirecTV loses about $75-100... your theory doesn't hold up.

1 Posts
gquiring said:
I got fed up dealing with D* on my 99 issue, I was not paying for something they did not align right in the first place.

A friend came over with a laptop and we used a webcam on my panel and aligned the dish on the roof by watching the screen. It took about 10 minutes to get my signal from a 45 to a 89. We also got the other sats better aligned for mostly high 90's. I think it's crock that their installers do not understand the 99 tuning. Finally no more 771 errors.
Thanks for the tip. I have slingbox on my laptop it worked fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.