DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any guesses as to when (or if) that will trickle down to us?

· Hall Of Fame
1,528 Posts
I am one of the biggest R-15 supporters :) but lately even I have started to have doubts:( if it will ever be 100% working correctly.

We are over the one year released mark and still have so many issues that have been around almost since the very beginning. The limits, history still useless, SL's still records dups, skipback still not reliable, guide data missing in some screens, etc.....................................

To be honest and I didnt really want to admit this, :( :( I started maxing out the SL's on my one R-15 in the other thread as I plan to disconnect and return the leased R-15. I am not going back to the DirecTiVo, I am just going to use the one R-15 for a while and look around at what other providers offer.

Everything with DirecTV is next year, next year, its coming eventually, it might be coming, even though you just bought the brand new DirecTV Plus nothing new will work on it and neither will all the future features they only work on the HR20, etc..... Just so tired of it.:mad:

· Hall Of Fame
2,496 Posts
I'm hoping to see the increased history. The current incarnation of it is useless.

Bobman, I thought it was still working fine even maxed out?

· Hall Of Fame
1,070 Posts
Bobman said:
I am one of the biggest R-15 supporters :) but lately even I have started to have doubts:( if it will ever be 100% working correctly.

We are over the one year released mark and still have so many issues that have been around almost since the very beginning. The limits, history still useless, SL's still records dups, skipback still not reliable, guide data missing in some screens, etc.....................................

To be honest and I didnt really want to admit this, :( :( I started maxing out the SL's on my one R-15 in the other thread as I plan to disconnect and return the leased R-15. I am not going back to the DirecTiVo, I am just going to use the one R-15 for a while and look around at what other providers offer.

Everything with DirecTV is next year, next year, its coming eventually, it might be coming, even though you just bought the brand new DirecTV Plus nothing new will work on it and neither will all the future features they only work on the HR20, etc..... Just so tired of it.:mad:
I'm getting discouraged also; I had a wait-and-see attitude for a while. But when I think about actually depending on the R-15 for my SLs, I get scared. I don't know what I'll do if the DVR-40 dtivo goes down.

· Hall Of Fame
1,528 Posts
I am sending this from my BlackBerry Pearl so I hope it works.

My R-15 is working fine but everything new I read is always only for the HR20. It just gets the best of you when your using the "new DirecTV Plus" and every
thing coming out will not even work on it.

Then its been months since the last release with nothing even on the horizon as they are so busy with the HR20.

· Banned
4,642 Posts
The HR20 has a TDL limit of 400. Has since it was released. The HR20 doesn't record the first part of a show and then switch to a higher priority show at the 30 minute mark. The HR20 gets updates every week or two, we get updates.....going on 4 months now. The HR20 now has possibly a better history screen (over 50 entries I hope). The HR20 is DTVs golden child and the R15 is the rotten step child.

It appears clear to me that if you want DTVs definition and functionality of a DVR you need to get yourself the HR20. The R15 hasn't gotten an update and for all we know it won't. I know Earl will say there's a new version, give it time. We've given it time. If two different/separate teams are working on the R15 and HR20 then why have we not seen a REAL update since 08/14? Did they all take an extended vacation on the USS DirecTV? Kinda ridiculous. 13 months since this DVR was released and the HD DVR that was released 4 months ago now has more features, better functionality and gets weekly updates. Anyone at DTV wanta throw us R15 users a Freggin Bone?

· Hall Of Fame
2,496 Posts
I'm pretty sure we did see a release it caused issues and they pulled it back? Would you rather have that update with the problems it brought or would you rather have one that doesn't have the slow down issues and actually addresses some issues?

· Banned
4,642 Posts
An update pulled back does not make an update released. There was also the 10E8 update for the -500s that didn't really do anything other than get us ready for the 2nd half of the update. Bottom line is no bugs have been fixed on the R15 since the beginning of August, before the HR20 was released.

· Hall Of Fame
2,496 Posts
You can call it either way they could have left that update out there and some things would be fixed and everyone would be yelling because it's slow and where is the next update. I also would like to see some things changed but to be fair to them I would rather see them take longer and hopefully not break anything that worked right before.

· Banned
4,642 Posts
The F1 update was slow, pulling it was a good move. No I don't want that either. But that's no excuse for how long R15 users have been waiting to see something. If a year from now we still haven't see an update would you still be taking the approach that you'd rather they take their time and get it right? F1 was out a month ago. D3 back 3 more months. Again the HR20 was released and updated umteen times since then. Just seems like were a bit overdue for an update and already lacking features that the HR20 has.

· Hall Of Fame
2,496 Posts
No I agree if we get a couple months out from now let alone a year from now and we see no updates then thats just not right and I'm sure all of us will be a little more then ticked. All I can say is hold tight for now it will come. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.