DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. This is my first post, although I have been following this site for several weeks.

First, a little bit about me. I have been a E* sub for the past 2 years. I have model 7200 pvr with web tv. I never used the web tv feature. I recently moved and wanted to upgrade to the 721, so for the past 6 weeks I have had no satellite because I wanted to wait until pricing/deals were announced to see if we should sign up under my fiance's name as a new sub or continue under my account.

Anyway, after reading all the posts about the 721's never ending story, and the features and FREE deal on the Sony Ultimate Tv receivers from www.orbitsat.com, I ordered 2 Sony's last night. Well, it was almost free, they did charge me $39 for shipping. But the deal still sounded too good to pass up, especially since the new software upgrade.

Finally, on to my question, can I use my Dish 500 dish with D* service. I remember reading on some board that this was possible and in fact, improved the signal because of the bigger dish (20" vs 18").

Any thoughts would be helpful. I have greatly appreciated all of the insight offered these forums. I have been reading almost all of them to educate myself and to decide what to purchase. Keep up the good work.

Sean:)

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Welcome to DBSTalk, Sean :wave:

Yes you can used your Dish500 for D* unless its a twin LNB since the twin has a build in switch that would not be compatable with D*. If you have 2 duel LNBs then your good to go. Good luck with D*!

·
Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
Hello Sean, and welcome.

Keep in mind that with the dish 500 dish, you will be able to look at 101 and 110 or 110 and 119, but not 101 and 119. If you need 101 and 119, you will either need another 18" dish, or you will need the para todos elliptical dtv dish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.