DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Godfather
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up an HR20 locally and have my dish install scheduled for next Friday. Would there be and advantages/disadvantages to hooking up the receiver early to my current dish?

It would probably only be one sat cable (from my current multiswitch).

Would I be able to get the non-mpeg4 channels?

·
Legend
120 Posts
clay_w said:
I picked up an HR20 locally and have my dish install scheduled for next Friday. Would there be and advantages/disadvantages to hooking up the receiver early to my current dish?

Yes you are correct. Plus you can get the hd channels too. Just not the hd locals.

·
Cool Member
22 Posts
You are correct. I am currently using 2 HR20s with my 3lnb dish. I will be installing an AT9 dish next week. currently the only difference is the loss of local OTA HD Channels.

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08
4,107 Posts
clay_w said:

Please let the installer run the 4 RG-6 cables so that you get fresh wire and connectors. Read the nightmare on this forum of people who used the old wire and connections.

There are about 15 other key points to consider in the installation tips.

- Craig

·
DBSTalk Club Member
721 Posts
satguy22 said:
Yes you are correct. Plus you can get the hd channels too. Just not the hd locals.
It depends tho on what the current dish is tho, correct? I hooked mine up thinking I had the 3lnb dish, but it's only the round 1lnb, so no HD channels until the install.

What's weird tho - is that a few of the hghdef channels are showing up in the guide, I just get a "you didn't subscribe" message.

·
Godfather
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the 3lnb dish so no worries there.

My current setup wasn't installed that long ago and I have had no reception problems so I am not all that worried if they don't replace the current wiring.

Thanks!!

·
Godfather
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I am using the old dish, should the BBC module be installed?

Or, should I just wait for the new dish installation to hook that up?

·
Godfather
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, this is probably a really dumb question but can I watch my locals in sd until I get the new dish installed?

I don't see them in the "all channel" guide under their normal channel numbers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.