DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering the purchase of a larger satellite dish (33"-39") to both improve reception quality of standard DishNetwork channels, but also to experiment with multi-lnb setups, international channels, etc... If I want to use the dish for my normal DishNetwork reception also, I figure I'll need a DSS dual-LNB to pickup the 110/119 satellites; the arms on these larger dishes and the brackets used to secure the LNB don't look like they'll work with the standard DishNetwork LNBs. Also, if I do use the generic, single-head DSS LNB, will I need some sort of switch to make this work with my Dish DVR 625 receiver? Currently, I use the DishPro500 dish with the twin-head dual LNB and do not need any external switching device. Anyone had experience with this or have any advice? If so, is there a particular brand/model of dish and/or LNBs that anyone can recommend. Thanks.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,057 Posts
Many people out there like the Torriedal because you could, in theory hit everything on BSS and FSS on the KU side from 110-148, so that would be Echostar 110, 119k, 119, 121, 129, 148. One issue with them is that you can not use DP hardware, unless they have since come out with LNBs that allow for that to occur.

·
Icon
538 Posts
alebowgm said:
Many people out there like the Torriedal because you could, in theory hit everything on BSS and FSS on the KU side from 110-148, so that would be Echostar 110, 119k, 119, 121, 129, 148. One issue with them is that you can not use DP hardware, unless they have since come out with LNBs that allow for that to occur.
Yeah, the non-avalibility of DP LNB's is the reason I passed on the Torredial and found the MS-E85 which lets me get a 40 degree spread using standard LNB's. Though I was looking for 82 through 119, but 110 through 148 is about the same spread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.