DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Legend
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any idea if it's really safe to use Pam on the dish so snow won't stick. or is there anything else .

Were getting snow over here and I am hopeing that it clears up in the next few days to hop up on the roof and spray away!

thanks
Eaton

· Icon
643 Posts
For that kind of money, it is better to go with the proven snow solution, which is a Dish Heater.

I live in a wet, sticky snow area, and a Dish Heater is the only thing that works. (there is a thread from last week started by a canadian, which has links for heaters).

* Especially for a dish on the roof! * :eek:

· Legend
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kstuart said:
For that kind of money, it is better to go with the proven snow solution, which is a Dish Heater.

I live in a wet, sticky snow area, and a Dish Heater is the only thing that works. (there is a thread from last week started by a canadian, which has links for heaters).

* Especially for a dish on the roof! * :eek:
for that kind of money?

if I could get a heater for $50 that would be worth it, but the 1000+ is kinda big and i doubt that a heater will cost less then $100 or so.

e..b

· Hall Of Fame
2,497 Posts
A much cheaper solution is to use Silicone spray on your dish. I have been using it for about 10 years and it works very well. The only down side is that you may have to apply it a couple of times a season. I usually spray the dishes in November and then again in January. Don't spray the LNBs.

· Icon
643 Posts
eatonjb said:
for that kind of money?

if I could get a heater for $50 that would be worth it, but the 1000+ is kinda big and i doubt that a heater will cost less then $100 or so.

e..b
"Ice Zapper" Dish Heater is $65 including shipping from two different sources - do a web search - one source may be cheaper depending on your state (sales tax).

I just ordered one because of being forced to add a second dish for locals, due to distant networks injunction.

I'll post a review of it to this Forum, once I install it and snow occurs. :)

I'm already using a different brand on my Dish500...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.